Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

\"Cinnamon Rolls for Chow\"..??

Chubby
Chubby Posts: 2,955
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anybody old enough to remember that line from the Jeo E Brown and Andy Griffith Classic movie..,( i think it was "OnionHead")??

Man...My Dad loved that flick..and we'd watch it every time it came on! My Old Man.., he was was the Coolest!!

But...I digress!!! (You know...I've always wanted to say that)...lmao!

Anyway.., pics from Ann's Cinnamon Rolls with Orange Liquior icing!!

PC240151.jpg

PC240153.jpg

PC240154.jpg

PC240157.jpg

Can you smell'em yet??

PC240159.jpg

I hate it when there's tooooo much icing...lol!!!

PC240165.jpg

I'll take a little shot of that in my coffee, and another roll...If'n you don't mind!!

PC240167.jpg

Cinnamon Rolls for Chow....??

:P
I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!

Comments

• cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,188
    I'll take two please. Those look fantastic.
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Yummy, yummy, yummy...I want those in my tummy.... :)B)
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

They look great. I love it when my wife makes Cinnamon rolls.

We cleaned out a food room last week end for the Scout Food Drive and found 12 quart mason jars filled with cinnamon, those jars were vacuum sealed about 23 years ago. When I opened them they were still very pungent. Cinnaon rolls this weekend are on the to-do list.

Kent
  • Chubby
    "Dayummm" Kent...lol!!!

12 Qt. jars of Cimnnamon..?

You're gonna be busy this
    weekend my Friend...lmao!!!!!!

B)

Evans

With the right breeze...I might just be able to catch a wiff from here!!
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Da-y-am!! (pronounced with 6 syllables)! :P :laugh:
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Those look so GOOD....
    Was the movie "No Time for Sergeants"?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

I don't remember how or what quantity we bought but it needed to be repackaged.

5 kids and all their friends!!! Back then we were into making cinnamon rolls and making wheat bread. We bought 1000# of hard winter wheat. Packaged for long term storage and then used as needed. We would grind the wheat and make bread all the time. My wife would make 8 to 12 loafs once or twice a week. We would keep 2 or 3 loafs and then give out the rest to friends and neighbors. That sure made nice cinnamon rolls.

Kent

• Rusty Rooster
    Rusty Rooster Posts: 1,239
    Any chance of her sharing her dough recipe? I am still looking for one that come out like I want & thoes look like what I have been targeting.
    Thanks
  • Chubby
    YES, you could be right!!!

I think Andy was a mess cook?

I think maybe "OnionHead" may have been another move with the two of them?

Thanks for playing the game Mickey!!

B)

Evans
  • Chubby
    I'll wrestle out of Ann tonight and post it here tommorrow!

I know she's using Siagon or what she calls "Bakers" Cinnamon from Viet Nam...I think from Penzeys.

She says it's the best out there?

B)
  • Rusty Rooster
    Rusty Rooster Posts: 1,239
    Thank you, I will check back tomorrow. I have a filling and glaze that I like, just have not been able to get the dough to my liking.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Evans I remember the tolet lid deal and airplane scene in the show No Time for Sergeants but you could still be correct. I remember the exploding ovens, if in "Sergents" movie, just not sure.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,452
    Chubby, that looks soooooo good! an interesting observation ... i've never seen anyone curl up the dough from right to left, does Ann roll up Swiss roll in the same direction too?
    Gary
    canuckland
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Guess Salado got your creative posting juices flowing. Haven't seen this many posts out of Cypress since don't know when.

Mike
  • LDD
    LDD Posts: 1,225
    Austin Egghead wrote:
    Da-y-am!! (pronounced with 6 syllables)! :P :laugh:

ditto (I could only squeeze out two)
    context is important :)
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Chubby, I know Ann cooks deliciously....mmmmmmmmmm that icing, but isn't it time you start cooking yourself???? :P
  • Chubby
    I really don't know...and I have no idea if it even makes a difference!!

Do you?

:unsure:
  • Chubby
    Clearly..,

It's a side effect from being in your vicinity!!

;)
  • Chubby
    We ALL saw last week who in your house does the cooking...and who does the talking!!!

For those who weren't in Salado...Beli would be "The Latter"!!

:lol:
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,452
    Chubby, I was just curious/ignorant :blush: my sincere apology if it came across as anything else. this also got me thinking of an old post by mad max asking folks here their preferred way of eating corns: piano key (or harmonica?) style left to right, or in a spiral, or just random chomping :P
    Gary
    canuckland
  • Chubby
    None percieved, or taken!!

:laugh:

I just thought maybe you were on to something..., and really...I don't know..,nor do I know why she does it that way!!

Maybe if you're below the Equator.???

:woohoo:

Evans