Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Crab Stuffed shrooms/ how much rub? w/pics

Options
Car Wash Mike
Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have got
8oz. cream cheese
6oz. Millers Select Claw Meat (maybe jumbo) next time.
Scallions to taste[p]Going to top with cheese.[p]How much Raging River should I use?[p]crabshrooms1.jpg[p]crabshrooms2.jpg[p]Mike

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    well, i use a teaspoon for a pound of crab for crabcakes (along with a teaspoon of old bay). .. .so i wouldn't use more that about 3/4 of a teaspoon for these. ..you want to taste sweet crab, not just rub....heck start with half a teaspoon, taste it and add more if you think you need it.....

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Howdy Mike
    One way I think about it is that the rubs are somewhere around 20% salt, so put on 4-5 times heavier than you would apply salt. Or, in your case, since there is prolly some salt in the cheese, maybe 2 or 3 times as much as if you were just applying salt.[p]Enjoy! Wish I wuz there.
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    man, where is the prociutto. . . either wrap the whole thing, or simply lay a little piece on top. ..can't go wrong :) . ..is that chedder you are going to top them with??

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    I wish you your here to. Tammy and Kaleigh couldn't come down and I got more business here at The Lake.
    Me and my TV allnight, I might get stir crazy in awhile and post all over the board.[p]Thanks for the tip. I have a full aresnol of rubs here, would you try a different one?[p]Mike

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    wait a minute. .. you're gonna be eaten those all by yourself. ..you dog, you!!! . . ..tsunami spin works great with crab/cream cheese as well....that's what i put in bell peppers. . .[p]boy, what i'd give for 24 hours of total solitude. . .

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Got other plans for that stuff this weekend, man you can spend the $'s for me.[p]It will be a Mad Max crab cake Saturday night. Have that hot line open. LOL I know you are busy.[p]Thanks for the help.[p]Mike[p]
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    i love spending other people's money. .. .hey, the hot line's open. ..call anytime. ...[p]

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Pulled in at 3 today won't be leaving till noon Monday. You have a couple teenagers though, I don't. When I did, a day of fishing for 10 HOURS was considered a vacation.[p]Mike