Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tampa Eggers = All ok?

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,674
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We have several eggers, Al and others in the Tampla area. Just checking on you guys.
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    I just heard from Al (HungryMan) he is safe and working...and yes there were really bad storms.
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Just hitting our side now,, nasty stuff but at least it's not snowing :whistle:
  • ibanda
    ibanda Posts: 553
    Options
    Was just on the phone to a co-worker at Tampa airport and I asked her to take a picture of some equipment outside and e-mail it to me. She said it was raining cats and and dogs and she wasn't going out there! She'll send it tomorrow!

I e-mailed after I saw about the tornado, and said see what happens when you talk to the guy from Oklahoma!
    "Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
    Small and Large BGE in Oklahoma City.
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning Mickey:

I'm working downtown and the rain was coming down in bucket fulls about an hour ago...not bad now. There were reports of tornados in the area, but as far as I know no major damage (though all damage is "major" if it happens to you)...thanks for checking up on us!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Mickey
    Options
    Fox started reporting on the airshow and a hanger that had come down with a lot of people. But now say that did not happen.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    Hi Mickey,
    Thanks for checking, We are about 60mi. north of Tampa on the coast. We have had about 5in of rain since 4:30 this a.m. That is on top of what we got yesterday. There have been several tornados reported in this area as well as Tampa, all moving east. The worst is over right now and I have not heard of any serious injuries. We are likely to get more before the day is out.
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Hey Mickey, I just got off the phone with a friend in Bradenton. He said lots of rain and something about tornado's by Dunedin. That's by my Dad in Largo and I get no answer on the phone by them. They nap everyday so I'll try again later.
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Thanks for checking, Mickey. We got bombarded here.

This was at the height of the storm:

P3314304.jpg

That wooden saiboat was swingin side to side in the lift. There were 40-50 mile an hour winds and the on the Skyway bridge there were 71 mile an hour wind gusts. Not a pretty day, and I'm sure alot of damage when the storm clears.

AL and Pork Butt were Ok when I talked to them earlier when the storm was rolling in.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Oh, and I had ducks swimming in my flooded driveway when I got home. That's a first.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    Storms have ripped through Tampa Bay area and headed East, Several tornados reported and much, much lightning
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options

Thanks for the heads up Mickey, I was not aware of the nasty weather headed this way! I have been out side and noticed it was more breezy then usual.

We have a tornado watch till 8:00pm but weather report just now says tornado activity looks like it has quietened down for now. As the sun sets the front may diminish some. They seem to think wind, rain and lightening our biggest concern. Sounds like summer!

Blair

• Mickey
    Options
    We can all replace stuff; just not eggers :ohmy:

• WingRider
    WingRider Posts: 326
    Options
    do you mean that it is like this all summer long?
    If so, I'm glad that I am only here winters. :whistle:
  • Gator Bait
    Options

Hry Wayne, the weather can get pretty frisky here in the summer. The sea breeze from the Atlantic will blow humidity across the stae from the east and late in the day the sea breeze from the Gulf will blow out of the west. The clouds and humidity coming across the state all day stalls out as it reaches this coast and we get dumped on. Some years it is a daily event and this whole end of the state can turn into a swamp. The good thing about it is that it cools our air, instead of being over 80 all night and very humid it can get down to 75 or so and be pretty nice. The storms can be real toad chokers and dump several inches of rain in a very short time, especially if they stall out over head. They have always claimed that we are the lightening capitol of the country. I believe 'em! Tornados are very scarce down here, more often we will see water spouts out over the bay.

Blair

• HungryMan
    HungryMan Posts: 3,470
    Options
    Tornado or two came through my area. This really doesn't show much, but here it is.
    35b663a1.jpg
    f6cdff75.jpg
    http://s818.photobucket.com/albums/zz105/alkatz15005/?action=view&current=221c3ab1.mp4
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    yikes......that beam looks ugly :ohmy:
  • Gator Bait
    Options

Hope everyone is OK, it's trying to come through here now but has lost almost all it's punch. We're just getting occasional light rain . . . . so far. Many of these fronts fizzle as they get this far south.

Have a great weekend, the weather looks great. :)

Blair

• Pork Butt Mike
    Pork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
    Options
    Mickey I have not seen a storm like this in years down here. I just hope everyone is ok and safe.
  • gs300
    gs300 Posts: 24
    Options
    Some limbs down around the property but otherwise fine. Thanks for checking.

GS
  • JBUG99999
    JBUG99999 Posts: 263
    Options
    We have a tree down in our yard, but the Egg and patio are fine. :woohoo:

We're in Lakeland, near the air show. This video shows the conditions at the air show. :ohmy:

http://www.trikepilot.com/videos/view/sunnfun-2001-tstorms_12091.html?m=58
  • Kuuipo3108
    Options
    I had some large tree branches down in my yard from the storm. No other damage, fortunately.