Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Restaurant Depot

randym4177
randym4177 Posts: 18
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After missing paperwork for my business, or not shopping enough, and getting "kicked out" of their database, I was finally able to secure another restaurant depot account.

This time they gave me my membership on a key chain UPC card. As I would like to share this membership with friends, I'm wondering if I can save this card to my KeyScan app on my Iphone so that we can make one card many...Has anyone else tried this at RD?

Either way, I'm headed down there Saturday and we'll find out for certain if they allow it!

Comments

• DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481
    Nope but I have tried other key chains fobs' and none of the ones I use scan from the phone.
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    At our RD we have to place the card right on top the glass scanner to make them work.
    Might hinder the iphone from working it.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Slotmercenary
    Slotmercenary Posts: 1,071
    Let me play Devil's Advocate for a minute. How would you feel if somone tried getting over on you and your business by doing something similar to you?
    Pay your dues or shop somewhere else...In most of Corporate America that is considered theft of services.
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Since membership is free and the only result to the business is increased sales, I don't really see the ethical issue here. They will even issue extra cards on an account, all you have to do is ask.

And FYI, you probably got kicked out of the database because if you don't shop there once a month they flag your account. After a few months they remove you completely. But they should be able to consult the paper records and reactivate your original account.
  • Theft of services? What a laugh...seems like a response to just stir something up without enough knowledge to really respond.

Fidel is right on all accounts. It's a free membership, they simply require a business license. I changed firms mid-process when I had gotten kicked out of the database so I wasn't able to reactivate my old account as he describes and didn't have a copy of the new firm license when I went to the store. No big deal...

I was merely asking if they would allow it and if it physically worked as PhotoEgg and DrZaius replied. For example, eventhough it will work, my gym doesn't allow the cardscan app because they don't want their employees handling member iphones when the employees check the member's in for the visit.

Thanks Fidel, DrZaius and Photoegg. I'll ask for certain Saturday morning.
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    A friend of mine got me a card for his account. I haven't used it in probably a year, but it was a nice gesture.
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    what a hell of a guy he must be