Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Look what I found!

Options
Smokey
Smokey Posts: 2,468
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Things have been slow today (at the office). So while on a conference call (my input was not needed), I surfed the web and came across a web site of some guys who use there egg(s) for competition cooking.[p]Follow the following link to there site http://www.uglybrothers.net [p]Its a fun site and worth a liitle look![p]Smokey
[ul][li]Ugly Brothers[/ul]

Comments

• JimW
    JimW Posts: 450
    Options
    Smokey,
    The brothers may be butt ugly but that's all I saw.
    JimW

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Smokey,[p]Very cool. Thanks for the link![p]Cornfed (a "wanna be" ugly brother)
  • Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Smokey,[p]Who they calling UGLY? [p]Tim
  • BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Options
    Smokey, A neat link. I've often though of competitive barbecuing. Where I'm from we have a yearly rib cook-off which is the 2nd largest ribs-only competition in North America. There's usually 6 or 8 teams involved, about half from the US and four locals, which are usually just horrid (I'm sure 2 or 4 boil their ribs first, which is a capital offense in some southern states I believe). [p]With groups of Eggers gathered in different regions, i.e. Atlanta area, the Virginia crowd, even the growing group of Canucks up here, has anyone thought of banding together to put together an Egg team at a local cookoff?? Maybe even synchronize with an Eggfest; that would be a hoot, if it even comes close to mirroring the Eggfest I attended! I know there's amateur divisions at most competitions (although many forum dwellers are pros in our circle!).[p]
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    BBQfan1,[p]Now there's an idea! Are you going to Eggtoberfest or waiting til E2K+1? This is something ST and I are currently pondering. Remember, next time post-fest beers for you, Spin, NB, and MollyShark (hope I'm not forgetting anyone) are on me![p]Cornfed
  • Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    BBQfan1,[p]Sounds like a great idea. Heck, I'll be there! When and where! I'm sure others would do it too![p]Smokey

• BluesnBBQ
    BluesnBBQ Posts: 615
    Options
    I've thought of trying to get a BGE barbecue team together with the BGE company sponsoring it. I don't think I'm quite ready for competetive qing, but it would be fun! [p]Me and Nature Boy could orgainze a DC area team. :)