Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone arriving in Melbourne at 5:16 PM on 4/8?

Judy Mayberry
Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Any Sunshine State Fest attendees arriving at Melbourne airport on Friday, 5:16 PM:

Pat (FlaPoolman) will do a pickup at the airport, so let either of us know if you will be on Delta 5376 from Atlanta, arriving at 5:16 PM, or if you just happen to be hanging out at the airport and need a ride to the hotel.
Judy in San Diego

Comments

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    I sure wish I was...lol!!!

I'd love to meet you and share a cupp'a Joe with you!

Florida's not in the cards for us this year.

Any chance you'll come up to EggsbytheBay in Santa Clara this year??
    It's a short Southwest hop for you!!

Heck...we'll even pick you up!!!

Evans
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Judy Mayberry
    Chubs:

It's not on the special events list yet, so when is it? I don't even know where Santa Clara is, except that all of California is NORTH of here.

Fill me in.
    Judy in San Diego
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    Judy, thanks for posting that again, I haven't had much time for the forum. For all those flying into Melbourne for the Sunshine Fest I'll be glad to pick you up,if the timing works out so shoot me an email. There's no reason to rent a car since the fest, parties and everything else happens right on the hotel property and there will be a steady stream of folks making beer and grocery runs. Might even be a few runs to the bait shop as I'll have at least one surf rod there B) . Can't wait to see old and new friends in just 1 1/2 weeks or something like that,, need to ask Julie :)
  • PattyO
    PattyO Posts: 883
    My ETA is 1:00 PM. I understand the hotel offers a free shuttle. Just call them when you land.
    My flight out is 12:15 PM, if anyone is traveling at that time, let me know. We'll shuttle and wait together.
  • FlaPoolman
    1:00 pm Friday? Shoot me an email Patty with the exact time and I'll be there.
  • Chubby
    Just look up abover at the banners under "EggFest Central"...the date is June 17 and 18. Go to the EggsbytheBay site and click on the EggFest tabs.
    There's 2011 EggFest info...recipes from past events, and pics from earlier fests as well.

If you take Southwest into San Jose...you're literally a few miles from the Fest.

The Hotel is close..,and there's a very nice grocery within walking distance!! (Peets coffee is located right outside the Hotel door...btw)!!!

I'ts a great time, with a great venue, and you'll meet some good folks like Cali "BGE Forum" veterans Morrow Bay Rich,

Ross in Ventura,

e4c84525.jpg

and "The Alaskan C Crew" usually flies in.

dfb5532d.jpg

My lovely Wife Ann will be there with me.., (seen here teaching a "Grilled Dessert" Class),
    and you'll get to meet Darry and Ana Smith,(the Hosts) as well!

3ead79f3.jpg

We had a all day wine tasting and did a "Pairings Class" with well known Napa/Sonoma producer "Cameron Hughes,
    (featuring their "Lot Series" Wines).

2a171624.jpg

Lots of really good cooks...(not just the usuall BBQ fare).Here's a Shot of Darry with
    "The Peoples Choice Award" Winners fromm 2009...Melissa, Hubby Brent and Gal Pal Cho!!

a17a3caf.jpg

Come a day early or stay an extra day...and the wine country and San Francisco is within minutes.

Need I go on...?? lol!!!

Evans
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Judy Mayberry
    Just for fun I looked at prices on Southwest...$141 round trip! How could I pass THAT up!

I see that fest is in mid-June. We'll talk more.
    Judy in San Diego
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    PattyO - From experience- If you are waiting with somebody, ask..."Are you an EggHead??" If it is somebody worth meeting, they will know EGGsactly what you are talking about!!! (If they don't understand Egghead, move on!) :laugh: The same applies for the elevators at the hotel! We have the place ALMOST booked!! We've met some great folks in the Elevator, and it helps break the ice!!! Once you arrive at the hotel, the Tiki bar is an almost guaranteed place to find fellow Eggheads! :whistle:
    Looking forward to meeting you! It promises to be a wonderful event!
    As far as the ride...send me an email to LittleChef@BubbaTim.com with your contact info. It is a quick ride from the airport to the hotel, and we'll get you there! Though I think the Crown will take care of you!!! No worries!
  • PattyO
    You are peaking my interest on this Bay fest. Is there transportation available from the airport to the hotel and to the events? I have air miles that I have to burn up, and nothing to do in June. Hmmm. But I don't want to rent a car in San Francisco.
  • Chubby
    Patty...

The Hotel is less than 10 minutes from the Airport..,(San Jose Int) and while I'm reasonably sure there is transpo..,
    I know for sure with as many folks that are staying at the Hotel...getting you picked up wouldn't be any problem!

Additionally...the meet n greet is at the Hotel so you're good there...and it's like a convoy of folks going to the Fest Sat morning...so you just grab a ride.

Tramsportation isn't a problem.

I think Darry is getting ready to add the "Hotel Information" to the Website soon...but as anyone will tell you who's been...
    the Seirra Suites Hotel there gives us a great rate and you have prep room and a kitchen to boot!

http://www.hotel-sierra.com/locations/santa_clara/default.aspx

Lem'me if you have any other questions Patty.

Evans
  • Dimple's Mom
    Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    Chubby, I didn't realize you lived in the bay area.

I just registered. Might just drive on down straight from the Seattle eggfest. Or else will fly in Wednesday.) I'll be staying with family. Sign me up for any wine tasting events that you might plan!
  • Chubby
    I don't now...but did!! I'm a Texan now...just NW of Houston as a matter of fact!

Darry and I have been friends for now well over 30 years. Once Ann and I got married...we endevored to made a trip or two back to the
    Bay Area each year..,and a visit with Darry and Ana are always a big highlight for us!

Since Smitty became an Egger...(and then got further involved by starting and hosting EggsbytheBay since 05),we just decided to make one
    of our trips coincide with the EggFest!
    I basically try to make believe it's work..,while Darry does his best to make sure it is..lol!!

My official role is "Un Official Ammbassador" and "Spiritual Advisor" for the Fest!

It'll be great to see you!!
    Good thing you got registered..,as it looks like it will fill up even sooner this year than last!!

Evans
  • PattyO
    I'm trying to get my ducks in line. It's the San Francisco event, in Santa Clara which uses the San Jose airport. Ahh, now I got it. Don't I?
  • Chubby
    We'll just call it the "Bay Area"!!

But yes...you're correct.

You could fly into San Fran...(SFO)...but San Jose (SJC) is by far the better choice, if at all possible.

Evans
  • PattyO
    And the hotel shuttle only serves the San Jose airport.
    Thanks.
  • We can't wait to get to our first Eggfest! We have enjoyed all the recipes, pictures and information on the forum. I just read the great thread on the "etiquette". Thank you!
  • FlaPoolman
    Look forward to seeing you there,,, well here actually :P