Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pulled Pork Nachos

GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,697
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Stacie went out of town today so I'll probably just be cooking for myself from now through Saturday night. Looking through the freezer I came upon a bag of pulled pork from back in December, one of my first smokes on the Egg. So I thawed it out and thought to myself, "Self, what should we do with this?" And self said back, "Nachos!" So, not to argue with the voices in my head, I went to the store to grab a few things.

Starting players for my nachos. Wasn't sure about the canned cheese, but i swear I saw it in a post somewhere about nachos.

IMAG0071.jpg

Partially prepped
IMAG0072.jpg

More cheese
IMAG0073.jpg

Final plate (ok its not a plate, but why dirty another dish when the wife is away? That would just be more work for me)
IMAG0074.jpg

Very tasty. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Any suggestions for tomorrow night's cook?

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·

Comments

• HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Bachelor Food! GOTTA LOVE IT! ;)
    ·
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,278
    I'm thinking self talked you into a beer or two too....food photos kinda fuzzy when compared to ingredients photo......LOL
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
    ·
  • KokemanKokeman Posts: 815
    MMMMMMMM nachos!
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,697
    Self talked me into some Turkey and Cokes.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    MORE Bachelor FOOD!!! Turkey n coke.a LOVELY marinade indeed! ;)
    ·
  • elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    Excellent use of leftover pork!!! I'm not a fan of the canned cheese, but it looks pretty good here - great pics! :)
    ·
  • mxdadx2mxdadx2 Posts: 37
    I too have used cheese in a can. very good way to clean out that leftover pork. mine typically served with a small team of miller lite.
    ·
  • Mr HollowayMr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Looks good Jason
    Nachos are a great way to clean up leftovers :)

Shane
    ·