Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ping: Spring Chicken--Just for you!! The Pics!

AlwaysGolf
AlwaysGolf Posts: 704
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Spring Chicken,

Here are the pics that you, The world renowned Srping Chicken claimed I never posted, sorry they are a day and a half late. It was once open but this summer I had it enclosed with screen. Will be putting slate on the floor in a couple of weeks. Hope you like.

Maybe next Salado fest you and Spring Hen can drop in and cook dinner for me and the family, LOL!!

How it looked originally:

DSC01417.jpg

DSC01410.jpg

DSC01409.jpg

After being Screened in:

IMGP0454.jpg

IMGP0451.jpg

IMGP0452.jpg

Pic of Chloe in Fatty training: to bad she still didn't win that mini to cook on.

IMGP0840.jpg

Comments

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    I can testify that I have seen those pics on here before.BTW,they still look as AWESOME as they did the first time you posted them.SWEET SETUP! :)
  • Tweety
    Tweety Posts: 455
    That is amazing. We're starting on an "egg shed" this year and may copy some of your ideas...love the fireplace!

Your daughter is such a sweetie and a great little hostess! Hope to see you both at another eggfest this year.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    I thought my future egg table was going to be a project........ I'm wrong! That is one nice looking home for a egg. Do you need to take your shoes off?
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Wow - I remember seeing these before - it was a great set-up "before", and the "after" is out-of-sight!! :)
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Oh! You mean THOSE pictures! I meant some "ACTION" pictures. You know... Smoke in the air and meat on the Egg type pictures.

Judy and I would be happy to break it in for you LOL.

Thanks.

Spring "Smoke In The Hair And Meat On The Bone" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Dimple's Mom
    Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    I am so envious. LOVE the fireplace. Love the whole thing really.
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Yeah I can use one of them. :)

That is really nice. ;)
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    So where are you going to put that small?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    That is a a sweet set up. I am green with envy.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    very nice, you callin' it.......the caddie shack

all that is missing is....... a couple Lanny Watkins size divots in the grass......
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Pics are great - my description to my bride didn't do it justice.

Nice granite - looks like Chloe is using a little Bad Byron's and John Henry's

The cupcake apron is cool. My bride retied her apron making a nice bow at the fest.

Chloe was our youngest and cutest official taster and our best customer for pineapple bits. :)
  • AlwaysGolf
    Thanks all for the nice comments!!
    Spring will see if I can work on some action shots this weekend. And it does get smoky
    With the screen up. Thinking of installing some type of smoke removal device. Should just
    Tell the wife I am taking hers from above her range!
    Tweety hopefully we will be at another fest this summer probably Austin.
    TJV think poolman or spring dubbed it the Egg-ma-hall when it was newly
    Completed.
    Mickey I thought the small came with a scion, LOL
  • AlwaysGolf
    Frank, thanks it was really nice meeting you and your lovely bride. And Chloe is quite the pineapple hound, but it is a good thing you didn't have strawberries along with it. And you have a keen eye, bad byrons and John Henry. Next time I will definitely have to show up in my Nole gear!!! Fear The Spear!!!
  • AlwaysGolf
    Tweety good luck on your build, will be on the outlook for pics and the stuffed mushroom recipe!!!! LOL
  • ranger ray
    ranger ray Posts: 812
    that is magnificent!.... what are the dimensions of the foot print???? did you have an architect draw plans?..... if so.... any chance i can get a copy? ...thanks! ray
  • AlwaysGolf
    ranger ray, didnt have an architect draw the plans. Used the guy who framed my house (has a small business on the side) and we came up with a plan and he drew it all out. Had to work with the corner of the yard and easement restrictions!! Overall I am really happy with it just wished it was a few feet bigger.

Will measure and email you sometime this week or weekend.
  • Chief Chef
    Chief Chef Posts: 199
    Love your handle, cook palace and little assistant. If you are ever near Cincy look me up and we can play some golf. Nothing better than 18 holes, a finely barbecued egged dinner followed by a nice single malt and cigar. A perfect afternoon!
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    WOW. What a great place to hide out.
    Got a flat screen in there?
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Noel,

It looks like a simple ridge vent could do the trick on the smoke buildup. It would probably require a little detail work on the interior, but the outside work would be done in a few minutes, very inexpensive and wouldn't change the look of the joint a bit. ;)

Love that place.
  • AlwaysGolf
    Darian, not a dedicated TV, have one that I move between there and the garage. And it is a good place to hide out because the screen is the thick stuff, so wife has to actually leave the house to see if I am out there, LOL!!
  • AlwaysGolf
    Chief Chef will keep that in mind and if you are ever in the Austin, TX area we could hit a few. What we need is a Egghead Golf Tournament, someone should plan and organize one, LOL.