Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

eggin72eggin72 Posts: 3
edited 12:23AM in EggHead Forum
Just purchased Big Green Egg cookbook from amazon (by the way the price was down to $27) what are some of the favorites you have.

• Recently additions to my collection that I really like:

Breath Of A Wok
    Urban Italian

• Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Without sounding Blasphemous, Weber's "Way to Grill" is an excellent resource. It has good recipes that are easily adapted to the egg, but more importantly [at least to me] it details a lot of preparation techniques with pictures and step-by-step instructions, has recipes for rubs and marinades, and much more useful information. About $20 :)
  • Dimple's MomDimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    My most recent purchase is Entertaining with Booze.

I had checked it out from the library and loved it, had to have it. I'd like to also get Cooking with Booze, but I believe it's out of print, therefore pricey to order online. Someday...
  • bobbybbobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Any of Ray Lampe's (DR BBQ) books as well as Steve Raichlen's are good. Also Bill and Cheryl Jamison.
  • reccitronreccitron Posts: 175
    I have a bunch of cooking and BBQ books but the one I bought a couple of days ago is
    Sauces: Classical and Contemporary Sauce Making by James Peterson.

I've only had time to leaf through it but it looks really good and it got great reviews at amazon.
  • Gator Bait Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Hi Dimple's Mom

Cooking with Booze @, for $19.77. if out of print will not last at this price!

EDIT: I just noticed this, "Usually ships within 1 to 3 months." :blink:

• Dimple's MomDimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    It's gone down in price since I last looked too.
  • Home Sausage Making by Susan Mahnke Peery

Lodge Texas Treasury of Dutch Oven Cooking
  • JeffersonianJeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    I've gotten some great cooks out of "Dinosaur BBQ" though I find the reliance on their "Mutha Sauce" a little tiring. "Charcuterie" is a gold mine for anyone wanting to make sausage, pastrami, etc. If you're really into involved recipes that yield excellent results, try Adam Perry Lang's "Serious Barbecue."
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,573

New signature line? :laugh:

Caledon, ON

• BigjohnBigjohn Posts: 144
    One of my latest is 'Soaked, Slathered, and Seasoned' by Elizabeth Karmel. I think this is a good one for beginners who don't know how to brine, or put on some of the extras to make a meal a success.
  • Who is the author for the Charcuterie book? There are 21 books at Barns and Noble on this subject?
    For me it is...I think someone here had it before, though (stike?).
    It's the Ruhlman/Polson book. I'm sure you'd get a lot of search hits for it here. Stike's made some mouth-watering stuff from it too. Here's some of my bacon and pastrami:

• SlickSlick Posts: 382
    Just ordered "Stir Frying to the Sky's Edge" by Grace Young. We are cursed with having no good Chinese restaurants in the area, so I need to perfect my wok'in!
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,573
    Yeah, somebody had it before but gave no acknowledgement to Shakespeare :whistle:

Caledon, ON

• stikestike Posts: 15,597
    Was tweev

The charcuterie reference was mine though ;)
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante