Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Cheese skirt burgers

Mr HollowayMr Holloway Posts: 2,034
edited 5:27AM in EggHead Forum
After seeing this post a few weeks ago,
http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=1059958&catid=1#
I was craving some burgers. Trying to clean out the freeezer so I threw in some ground pork to go along with a cheap sirloin tip roast. The mix made some great burgers.

Some pics
Pork and beef
porknsirloin.jpg

After first grind
firstgrind.jpg

Second grind
secondgrind.jpg

Burgers on
burgers-3.jpg

Cheesed
cheesed.jpg

The cheese needed a little more time to crisp up, but I couldn't wait no more :laugh:
cheesecrusties.jpg

These were really good, and this grinder has already paid for it's self :)
cheeseburger-1.jpg

Thanks for looking

Shane
·

Comments

• 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    There you go. ;)

I asked a friend over today to eat some left over burgers we grilled last Saturday. :P
    ·
  • Mr HollowayMr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Hey Tim
    Leftovers are always good :laugh:

Shane
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,776
    That looks outstanding. If I was there, I would have fought for the one in the middle, seems like it had more cheese.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • RascalRascal Posts: 3,352
    Nice! Is that about a 50/50 beef/pork mix? I'd like to try that but I'll need to combine the meats after they've been ground..
    ·
    Thanks Jason
    That middle one was the best :laugh:

Shane
    ·
    Hey Rascal
    It was a little less pork
    maybe closer to 70/30

Shane
    ·
  • bayoueggerbayouegger Posts: 267
    Check out the last picture! I had to look 3 times b/c I thought that burger had a fried egg on top! Which I love by the way!!!

Looks great!
    ·
    Thanks Bayouegger
    A fried egg is going on my next burger :laugh:
    I had it once before and it was tasty :)

Shane
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    I remember that post.The burgers look DELISHIOUS! :)
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,393
    Looks delish Shane!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    ·
    Thanks Hoss :)

Shane
    ·
    Thank you Molly :)

Shane
    ·