Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Peach Enchiladas at Salado

Popsicle
Popsicle Posts: 523
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Steve, here is the recipe we used in Salado. If there are any leftovers, they are great for breakfast. 30 seconds in the microwave and you are good to go.

1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1 stick butter
1 can pie filling (cherry, peach, apricot or apple)
10-12 flour tortillas

Bring to boil-sugar, water and butter, set aside.
Place 1 tablespoon pie filling on tortilla and roll up like an enchilada, place in 13X9 baking dish (spray with PAM before putting tortillas in).

Pour liquid mixture over tortillas and sprinkle with cinnamon

Bake @ 350 for 30 minutes or until golden brown

*liquid will absorb during cooking

Enjoy!
Popsicle
Willis Tx.

Comments

• Wow, sorry I missed out on those but will have to give them a try. Thanks for posting!

Bruce
  • GW
    GW Posts: 98
    Hey Popsicle - Are those the same ones you did in AZ back in February? I meant to ask you for the recipe. Wow, were those good!

Looks like you folks had fun in TX this past weekend. Wish we could have been there. Maybe next year.
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Thank you x3! That is a wonderful recipe. See you in OKC?
  • Popsicle
    GW, this is the same one from AZ.
    Popsicle
    Willis Tx.
  • Popsicle
    Looking forward OKC. Still working on remembering your loney title but will get it sooner or later.
    Popsicle
    Willis Tx.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    Thanks for posting this!
    Ann and yourself told me numerous times how you did this at Denver last year and be daned if I could remember it all! :sick: :(

CRS . . . ya know! :(
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    gotta have to top it off! :lol:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Thanks for the recipe. Those were some good eats. I can still taste them. Bookmarked and saved.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,500
    Morning Popsicle:

That sounds very tasty...would love to see a picture!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Popsicle
    Jay, will make some in OKC and see if we can get a picture of it. I haven’t figured out this picture posting thing yet, barely know how to do the “etch-a-sketch”, but Mr. Chicken said he would show me how.
    Popsicle
    Willis Tx.