Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pics of my first seared flesh!!

Options
Eggecutioner
Eggecutioner Posts: 628
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Naked Strips
First-steaks.jpg

Dressed for the party!
Canadian-Steaked.jpg

Dancing @ 800*F.
800_Lava_sear.jpg

Perfectly Medium Rare...
First_Med_Rare.jpg

[p]Not Bad for my first Eggsperience![p]Thanks to all who helped, even though you may not have known![p]By the way, my boy says the BGE looks like a great big LIME!!!![p]Joe

Comments

• disabledBGEWDE
    Options
    eggecutioner,
    Looks great!!![p]So does that nice clean firebox and gasket!![p]I am sure it is the first of many wonderful dinners you will create on the egg.

• Steve-B
    Steve-B Posts: 339
    Options
    eggecutioner,[p]Looks like the first item on your list came out great!!! Keep us updated on items #2-5. Be ready for the best, easiest, chicken ever tommorow. Have fun and enjoy the egg!!![p]Steve-B
  • Retired RailRoader
    Options
    eggecutioner,
    I have to laugh as I guess I am not the only one to put captions on picturs of food. Those steaks looked great and I bet they tasted even better. Good luck tonight with the chicken, for me it's sausage and peppers.

Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.
  • jake42
    jake42 Posts: 932
    Options
    eggecutioner,
    Looks great. Good thing you got a picture of that nice clean firebox and gasket. I wish I had taken a pic of my first cook. Too late now. Anyway, I'm sure that in time you will realize the beauty of that shiney black inside transformation that will come from the many great cooks you are gonna' have on your Egg.

• Smoked Signals
    Options
    eggecutioner,
    What a virgin cooker ... so clean, pretty and soot free. I'm jealous. I remember my first time ... LOL.[p]

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    eggecutioner,[p]Nice pics, thanks for sharing. Just an FYI for future cooks, especially low and slows, based on your pictures. May save you from having the fire go out during the middle of the night and then you posting in the morning to the forum "Why did my fire go out during my first overnight low and slow" or something to that effect.[p]When you fill the firebox with lump, fill it up to the TOP, or at least the middle of the fire RING, dont be afraid to really pack it full. I know the BGE instruction book says something different but to get the maximum burn time out of the load of lump, fill the firebox FULL, WAY FULL.[p]With a full load in my medium I can easily get burns of 20 hours which is PLENTY of time to cook anything that I want to cook.[p]Thanks again.[p]Troy
  • Eggecutioner
    Options
    sprinter,[p]Thanks for the info. I thought I hae it full to the top. I didn't realize that it needed to be touching the food![p]