Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I have decided on the stoker! What bridge to use?

Options
OconeeDawg
OconeeDawg Posts: 149
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have decided on the stoker! What wireless bridge should I get? What are yall using?

Comments

• boston_stoker
    Options
    Wireless bridges can some times be temperamental. I would try to get one made by the same manufacturer as your router.
  • OMG Eggs
    OMG Eggs Posts: 118
    Options
    I used an old Linksys WRT-54G router that I picked up on Craigslist for like $15 and flashed with free aftermarket firmware so it could be used as a bridge. I used DD-WRT firmware. If you decide to reuse an old router flashed with some firmware like i did, make sure you check compatability first. Tomatoes and DD-WRT are both great options.

On reliability, it depends on the routers. Most of the WRT-54G series routers are bullet proof and only better after they're flashed.
  • srq2625
    srq2625 Posts: 262
    Options
    I also have the Stoker and the Linksys WRT54G router. My son was nice to me at Christmas and got me a NETGEAR WNCE2001. I've had zero problems with the adapter being up to about 75' from the router, through two brick walls. I might go further, but that's the furtherest I've tested it to see if it would be assigned an IP address.
  • thechief96
    thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Options
    I too just got a stoker and used it for the first time yesterday. I have the NETGEAR WNCE2001. Seemed to work fine.
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
  • tjl5709
    tjl5709 Posts: 76
    Options
    Go over to the Virtual Weber Bulletin Board and go to the automatic temp control section. Lots of good info on routers for the stoker, how to set it up, and you can find the link to download stoker log.
  • OconeeDawg
    OconeeDawg Posts: 149
    Options
    How long did it take you to get your stoker after you ordered it?