Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SUNSHINE STATE EGGFEST 3rd update

bubba tim
bubba tim Posts: 3,216
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Greetings,

The offical Julie's countdown clock shows 11 days and 14 hours. Wow, where has the time gone? We are almost SOLD OUT! Only 30 tickets left! The last day to buy taster tickets will be April 2nd, by 6pm.

The hotel discounts have all expired. However, Jacqui McPhillips of the Tuckaway Inn says she has 3 taster packages left. Two tasters tickets and two nights for $249 Ocean View. That works out to be around $92 a night. Call them up and use promo code "fest". You must call the front desk for Florida Eggfest packages at (800) 820-1441. First come...

COOKS,

Please get your recipes to Egret so he can publish them for everyone to enjoy. It would also be a great help if you can bring your egg to cook on. We have a lot of cooks flying in that can not bring theirs. We will have the use again of a large conference room to keep all of the eggs secure. PLEASE MARK YOUR EGGs! They kinda all look the same.... :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

See everyone soon and get ready to get Eggy Wif It!
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

100_3808-1.jpg

P8160001.jpg

I can smell the ocean from here......
SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP

Comments

• Reeltachy
    Reeltachy Posts: 54
    Looking forward to my first Eggfest and cook. Today I am making couple of the items I am planning on serving. Just tweaking the recipes a little. ;) Then my wife has some steaks for me to cook tonight. Looks like me and the egg will have some bonding time today.
    Certainly are worse ways to spend a Sunday!
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Wow only 11 Days :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    We are packed and ready!! :woohoo:
    IMG_0402-4.jpg
    IMG_0404-4.jpg
    Can't wait to see this while setting up on the deck OCEAN SIDE. :woohoo:
    IMG_0429.jpg
    Gonna be a EGGTASTIC TIME FOR ALL.
    Jupiter Jim and KayNOcook

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Jupiter Jim
    Reeltachy,
    Looking forward to meeting you at the fest, remember you don't have to cook enough to feed an army. Make sure you do not spend all day cooking and have no time to mingle with others. It's going to be over so fast that you will be asking yourself where did the day go. Time flys when your fun! :woohoo:
    Jupiter Jim

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• bubba tim
    Hey Jim...You are slacking...Kay's cup runith empty. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • Reeltachy
    Reeltachy Posts: 54
    Absolutely! I am actually in a team so we can have plenty of time to "mingle". The cooks we have planed are simple, quick, and easy. Variations of standard fare. Th "KISS" principle personified. The only down side, is comitments on Friday and Sunday. This will be a quick trip and I'm sure over with way to soon.
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Pork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
    With everything going on and we are so busy, Tim forgot to mention that the shirts are in. The pictures don't give them justice.

100_1018.jpg
    100_1026.jpg
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    I just want to know why Kay is giving a thumbs up when that glass is half empty?? Do not let him slack like that Kay!!!
  • Jupiter Jim
    Alright you guys, I just can't keep up with her. :(
    Jim

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    You know... they make stuff for that Jim :whistle:
  • asianflava
    asianflava Posts: 313
    I'm in Melbourne right now and would love to go, but I fly back to Colorado tomorrow. :(
  • JBUG99999
    JBUG99999 Posts: 263
    bubba tim wrote:Please get your recipes to Egret so he can publish them for everyone to enjoy. It would also be a great help if you can bring your egg to cook on. We have a lot of cooks flying in that can not bring theirs.[/quote]

Ack! I forgot to send them to Egret, I'll try to get that done this week. It's been crazy here, sorry!

We are not going to be able to bring our egg and had hoped to borrow one. :ohmy:

How many loaners are there? We'll have a ton of food to cook, hopefully we'll have an egg to cook it in!

Looking forward to seeing everyone again. I'll be the one limpin' :blush: Dang foot still isn't happy.
  • bubba tim
    to bad it doesn't work for Poot...... :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Julie no problem we will have enough Demo eggs for the few that can't bring there own. Looking forward meeting you and have a safe trip. :)
  • Pork Butt Mike
    :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • grillmandan
    grillmandan Posts: 270
    There will be plenty of Egg's available to cook on. I will have a good supply of stuff for sale, but if anyone needs something specific, just let me know and I will have it for you.

Jim, I don't know who took the beautiful sunrise picture last year, but it is featured on the FREE water bottles I'm providing.
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Dan: Count on us for 6 of your 40 pound bags of lump (provided we can fit them in the trailer!) :blink: :ohmy: :whistle: See you soon!
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Can't you just miss your flight? You know...for a couple of weeks?? :whistle: :huh: Wish you could be there, too!