Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Ribs

Options
chocdoc
chocdoc Posts: 461
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Finally got around to doing some beef ribs on the Egg.

Two racks of regular ribs and a chunk of the ribs from a large piece of short rib that I plan to make pastrami with.

Rubbed with mustard, salt and pepper. 225-250 F for about 5 1/2 hours, slathered with a combination of Arthur Bryants and a home made sauce and cooked for another 45 minutes or so.

I think they could have used another hour, still a bit chewy.

The flavour of the meat on the short rib was far superior to the back ribs.

5565884542_7f3a01008f.jpg
DSCN2709 by ChocDoc1, on Flickr

5565307187_8fa620e1e5.jpg
DSCN2714 by ChocDoc1, on Flickr

Comments

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,527
    Options
    Kerry, look yummy, i did beef ribs a while back, recall it took 8-9 hours.
    Gary
    canuckland
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Kerry, Those look delicious!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Chief Chef
    Chief Chef Posts: 199
    Options
    They look really tasty!
    Did some ribs myself this weekend- first time. 6 hours and a little more would not have hurt them. Good flavor none the less.

beefribs001.jpg
  • chocdoc
    chocdoc Posts: 461
    Options
    I think I was fooled by them passing the bendy test - but that was probably in part because they had been trimmed down between the ribs which made them more bendy than they really were. The big bugger didn't bend - that should have been the giveaway.