Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Food Dehydrator..

Options
GirlyEgg
GirlyEgg Posts: 622
edited November -1 in Off Topic
I'm starting to look at food dehydrators... I don't want a big one... looking at smaller ones in the $60 range... thoughts?

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    asked the question a few weeks back, thought i could find one in one of the stores nearby, nope, will hve to go online in my area. im leaning towards this one, it costs more than i wanted but you can add more trays and looks to have additional features

http://www.harvestessentials.com/lfifodewiyoa.html

heres the thread i started a few weeks back and some fall in your budget

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=1048798&catid=1
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • GirlyEgg
    GirlyEgg Posts: 622
    Options
    Thanks for the info! I plan to use it for dog snacks as well for my weims and bluetick... sweet potatoes, bananas and other veggies... I like the one on the link you sent... I may have to spend more to get one that I like - I'm leaning toward a rectangle unit rather than a round one with rotating trays...

Great pics of your brit!
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    fish..
    ever see alton brown's?

he simply took air handling filters, placed the food onm each one, stcaked another on top of it, etc. etc. and then attached them with bungee cords to a box fan of the same size. ran it on low
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    ive seen his fan contraption, with the potato things i want to maybe dip them in broth a few times, maybe some types of oil like the mct i was looking for last week, i think ill have to do it a couple times during the process. need something easy to clean and fits back in a box for the attic, i think the one i posted is big enough and i can add more trays if i want and can time the stages. looks like it fits the most for a smaller unit before buying a big dehydrator which i have no space for. its actually cheap for what im paying for the sweet potato jekey flips now and theres not much choices in dog things without protein or phosphates in them
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I think this is the same one; $140, free shipping. Don't know anything about the company though.

http://www.millersgrainhouse.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=252

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut