Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Salado pictures

Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,343
edited 2:49PM in EggHead Forum
Clink of the snifter glass to all that made the day so much fun.
Double clink to the organizers who worked hard to make it a fun day.

(These picture were taken early in the morning before people and smoke took over the pavilion.)

Salado Gathering

travel in style 5563696781_1c30039099.jpg

Planning the day
5563695355_dd67a320ea.jpg

pancakes cooking
5563694503_f3698165f4.jpg

Vegs and pineapple
5563693709_6b63284321.jpg

blooming onion on the grill
5563692863_ca18c3a6b0.jpg

a watched egg
5563691987_43f0904406.jpg

multi cook
5564267152_e09f96ed5a.jpg
Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
·

Comments

• cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,406
    Thank you Joan!! Glad you had a wonderful time. Are you going to cook next year?
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    ·
  • elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    Thanks for posting! Looks like a great location, and a beautiful day! Plenty of good food too... :)
    ·
  • Thats on the back of the truck? anyone know or have better pics, is it just something homegrown?

Matt
    www.finandflame.com

www.oldfishinglure.com
    ·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,343
    Yes I will!
    Hubby (usually very stoic) even got the egg fever. He was researching recipes on his iPhone and eyeing the mini. Maybe another egg will join the family.
    ·
    You are welcome, yes it is a great location.
    ·
  • The new Ace hardware folks had that set up, I think. Back of the truck loaded with BGE lump
    Pretty cool contraption that raises and lowers with ease, but I'd worry about backing into something :(
    ·
  • Great to meet you, Joan!
    Your hubby will Eggsperience many wonderous transformations--as you have seen beginning ;)
    Why, he will probably catch the fever sooner than you anticipate!!!
    ·
    here is another shot

travel in style_2
    5564641916_db83178806.jpg
    ·
  • Thanks for posting!
    ·
    Great meeting you. Hopefully we will meet again, sooner than later.
    ·
    your are welcome
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    They REALLY DID have a egghead gatherin!I was startin to wonder! :)
    ·
  • oldfishinglure wrote:
    Thats on the back of the truck? anyone know or have better pics, is it just something homegrown?

Matt

That was the Dallas egg rep's truck. That is the official BGE hitch transport system.

http://www.biggreenegg.com/whatsnew.html

Expensive, but very nifty. You lower it up and down with the winch which also cinches the strap across the top cap to secure everything.
    ·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Thanks Joan. Just what I was looking for. :)
    ·
  • victimvictim Posts: 23
    Awesome pics. Curious about making a blooming onion on the egg, I've fried them before but would like to try one from the egg, cause, well everything is better cooked on the egg! Anyone have a recipe and/or tips???
    ·
    I never saw the blooming onion. By the time I made my way back over it was gone. Must have been good.
    I made a blooming onion tonight while cooking the but up chicken.
    I peeled the onion, cut in half (almost to the root) then half again and half one more time. Drizzled olive oil seasoned with 1to1 mix of slap ya moma and dizzy dust. Wrapped in foil and cooked for 1 hour. Drained the juices sprinkled with seasoned bread crumbs and browned.
    I am going to call it Slapped Dizzy Onion.
    ·