Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Reverse engineered the Digiq controller

TailgateTailgate Posts: 56
edited 2:31PM in EggHead Forum
and this is what I came up with. Just wrap digits around it and... well, you know. ;)

DSC01034.jpg

Comments

• heh... that looks almost EXACTLY like the bellows I use, except mine's about 20 years older (mine doesn't have the nice ribs on the nozzle) - sorry, didn't know how else to say that :whistle:
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • TailgateTailgate Posts: 56
    I'm just tired of blowing in the darn :laugh: vent when she looks like she's needing CPR
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    :laugh:
  • ranger rayranger ray Posts: 812
    use your leaf blower if things need some serious perking up....i sometimes heat metal up in the egg to do a little blacksmithing....lol.... rr
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,969
    Man you want to be careful on the intake stroke if you are sticking that inside the egg.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• TailgateTailgate Posts: 56
    thx, good advice..planning on a good ways outside with the screen closed..
  • mine has a hole in the bottom of the wood & I thought that's where it got the air from? I've never noticed it sucking in ash, though the brass nozzle DOES get hot sometimes if I've got it pushed all the way in (dang, sorry, didn't know how to say that one, either) :P
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
    Well that would make sense! Who would design a bellows without a check valve...Doh, back to my crayons now.
    Sorry :blush:

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven wrote:
    Man you want to be careful on the intake stroke if you are sticking that inside the egg.

"Thats what she said!!"

Sorry, my juvenile impulses just couldn't leave that comment alone.
    Now that was funny :laugh:

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• HossHoss Posts: 14,600
    DAT's funny! :laugh: After all ,all you need is the vents that come STANDARD! B) :)
  • GregCGregC Posts: 50
    I let my wife use my blower every now and then if she needs it to dry her hair, guess I ought to since it's her hair drier........lol

:woohoo: