Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Veal Loin Chops Tonight

Florida Grillin Girl
Florida Grillin Girl Posts: 4,972
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
OK, bought these veal loin chops for $5.99 a lb. I KNOW. That is cheap for around here. So I just had to egg them up.

Not real thick, but nice. I marinated them in EVOO, Balsamic vinegar, fresh thyme, S & P, for a good 45 minutes. Aren't they pretty?

P3254277-1.jpg

OH, and I went to the farmer's market and they had these.... points if ya know....

P3254276.jpg

Those are oyster mushrooms, and they grow on trees, or something like that. They looked good, so I bought some.

The veal chops, 600 degree dome, for about 2-3 minutes a side with some Jack Daniels and pecan wood chips:

P3254278.jpg

I sauteed the oyster mushrooms drizzled with EVOO and some Herbs de Provence... just got them browned at 400 done while the veal was resting.

Plated with some arugula and roasted red and yellow peppers, those fabulous mushrooms are on the bottom of the plate:

P3254280.jpg

This is what veal chops look like when you pull them at 130 internal.... I like them a leetle bit more cooked than I pull steak cause it's sooo tender.

P3254283.jpg

P3254282.jpg

The egg shines again!
Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini

Comments