Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

11 Whole Chickens

Sprig65Sprig65 Posts: 12
edited 3:56AM in EggHead Forum
Hey guys,
Has anyone ever put 11 whole chickens on the XL egg. I do whole chickens all the time, but I see where is says you can just stack 11 whole chickens in there. Do they cook even and flavor the same thruoughout all of them.
Just curious.

• LDDLDD Posts: 1,225
    I haven't done 11 yet.. I've only ever done 6 at one time...
    context is important :)
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,392
    I know Frank from Houma has stuffed a bunch of chickens in his egg. I can't find the post, but maybe he'll be a gentleman and show his pictures.

If he doesn't respond, he may be in his private jet on his way to the Salado fest.
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
  • I have done six beer can style and it was kind of tight.

I think if you pulled the firering, put 6 on a lower level and 5 on an upper level but certainly not beer can style. Maybe BGE was packing them in like sardines - I prefer air movement all around.
  • Did 9 Cornish game hens once. Tight.

• lotery7lotery7 Posts: 13
    Thats a waste of budlight you should use old style for a cook like that it would be cheaper! Birds look great though.