Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

getting the BGE to salado...

texasAUtigertexasAUtiger Posts: 154
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This is my first go at an eggfest. How do you all transport your egg? Mine is in a nest, not a table, and I need to get it up into the bed of my pickup. My 5 ft non-muscle bound wife is of no help. :unsure:
·

Comments

• cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,272
    This is the time to think about getting a potlifter. Won't help now, but for the future.
    Call up some buddies, neighbors and family. Good luck.
    Oh, don't forget to take the innards out. Much lighter then.
    Good luck and have fun!
    ·
  • Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 3,546
    Pull all the guts out of your Egg and lift it out of the nest and into the truck.
    Pack your guts back in the Egg with news paper around your parts to stop them from bumping. Wrap it in an old blanket or tarp and tie it down or wedge it in with your coolers. Strap your nest down as well.
    See you this weekend.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
    ·
  • Thank, Molly. Will a pot lifter work over the vertical distance I am talking about (ground to tail gate of truck)?

Thanks...
    ·
  • Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 3,546
    On a large BGE it would still be better to have a person on each side of the pot lifter.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,447
    Molly we miss you already :(
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,447
    texasAUtiger I will be sure and have my Pot Lifter there and you can try it.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,272
    Back atcha :)
    ·