Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Oh my goodness! Thanks Richard

Options
Fluffyb
Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Had asked Richard if I could purchase more of his pepper blend and a couple other spices for a friends up coming birthday. Of course he said no, but we could work out a trade. Here is what I received yesterday, way too generous!!! It's like he knew tomorrow is my birthday. I see a Holy Smokin Chipotle rib eye on the menu.

Bella helped me open the package.
003-72.jpg

Pics not worthy of their own post! I did a legs up chicken last weekend. And all the raves were correct. It did not get the color I would have liked, but it was moist and delicious.

Rubbed w/John Henry's Chicken Tickler.
001-64.jpg

Roasted potatoes under the chicken.
002-70.jpg

003-73.jpg

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Teresa,

Your chicken is upside down :blink:

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Nicely done Fluffyb.

Richard is a hell of a good egghead. :)

How did you like you upside down whole chicken?

Did your dark meat cook more?
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Teresa, Is tomorrow your Birthday?
    I love Richard, he rocks!!
    What temp on the egg did you cook that pale bird at? :whistle: Looks like my legs this time of year...haha
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Fluffyb
    Options
    We loved it and the dark meat did cook faster.
  • Fluffyb
    Options
    Yup, me Elton John & Aretha share a birthday! Different years though. I think the temp sat at 325 dome, because I was almost out of lump. :ohmy:
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Birth date for creative people, cool!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • fire egger
    fire egger Posts: 1,124
    Options
    Looks very good Teresa!!!