Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Plate Setter in the UK

Rezen73
Rezen73 Posts: 356
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey all,

Finally got settled into my new house in Aberdeen, but unfortunately my plate setter was damaged in shipment.

Insurance will cover the cost of a new one, but the problem I'm having is actually finding one.

biggreenegg.co.uk hasn't responded to any of my inquiries :/

Anyone know of where I can buy/order a (large) plate setter in the UK? I'm happy to pay extra to have it shipped internationally.

Cheers

-Rezen

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Perhaps one of these might be able to help?

United Kingdom, Ireland and the Channel Islands
    Alfresco Concepts LTD
    info@alfrescoconcepts.co.uk

Big Green Egg Europe
    http://www.biggreenegg.eu
    Postbus 53094
    2505 AB Den Haag
    The Netherlands
    Tel: 011-31-70-325-1713

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Rezen73
    Rezen73 Posts: 356
    Great, thanks. I'll try contacting them.

Hopefully they can help :D

Thanks again!
  • irishrog
    irishrog Posts: 375
    The Irish Egg distributor is called A Room Outside, based in Limerick.
    Here is a link to his web site
    http://www.aroomoutside.ie/services/
    If you contact Liam he will send you over whatever you need, or put you in direct contact with the distributor for the UK.
    Liam is an excellent dealer and is very helpful.
  • UK Egger
    UK Egger Posts: 5
    The UK Egg distribution firm is really really bad, they don't respond to queries at all, I have asked many questions around what they stock and they never return mails or calls. I'm actually half way through writing a complaint to the parent company.

The European guys never responded either but I only mailed them yesterday as a friend of mine wants an Egg after seeing mine in action.
  • UK Egger
    UK Egger Posts: 5
    So I got an email today ! Seems they pretty much shut down for the winter and are ramping back up now, I forget that us English are fair weather sort when it comes to bbq..
  • James MB
    James MB Posts: 359
    There's a firm in Bridgend, Wales - Luxury Living UK or similar.
    They used to be the UK importer (via Ireland) but the Bridgend "branch" actually supplied goods.

Just a thought - my woo2 gets more use these days.....

I hope you managed to get some lump - I've stashed some B&Q lump to see what it's like, will stock up if OK. Haven't tried the online bunch from Liverpool yet, need to build a new shed first!

On edit:
    Scoot Entry