Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salsa Caveman Style

Griffin
Griffin Posts: 8,200
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I had some veggies left over from the Farmer's Market that were starting to turn and I was trying to think of ways to use them up quick and I thought to myself, "Self, it's been awhile since you made salsa." And what makes home made salsa even better? If it has a little smokieness and char to it. So I fired up the egg. Didn't really care what the temp was, just looking for a nice bed of coals to lay the veggies in to get some char to them.

The raws.

IMAG0051.jpg

Onion on.

IMAG0052.jpg

Rest of the veggies

IMAG0054.jpg

Took the charred veggies out and let them cool for a bit, then rough chopped them and into a food processor along with the juice of two limes, a couple of cloves of garlic and some home grown cilantro. Think we might have added some salt and maybe some more garlic powder.

IMAG0059.jpg

Turned out real nice. Had a nice kick to it, but not to much. Wish we had another tomato or two to add, but oh well.

While the grill was already lit, decided to go ahead and grill some pineapple for dessert later. Topped with brown sugar and cinammon.

IMAG0055.jpg

IMAG0058.jpg

All in all a great afternoon of grilling and enjoying a few beers in the 80 degree weather.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments