Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Been Kinda Busy (lots of pics)

Options
Griffin
Griffin Posts: 8,200
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So, with spring here and the weather changing I have been real busy in the yard and with the Egg. I decided to just include all the pics in one long post, since nothing was very creative or unusual, but it was all good eats. And I'll apologize....some of these pics are from my new phone (an HTC Evo) and some are from a camera

Some of you may remeber that brisket I did recently from an 800 lb calf. Well, we also got some ribeyes from that same calf. Friday night we grilled them up on the egg at 650-700, about 90 sec a side. Along with some grilled zuchs and squash and a baked tater. This was definitely in the top 5 steaks of my life.

IMAG0016.jpg

IMAG0018.jpg

IMAG0021.jpg

IMAG0022.jpg

Saturday, we went to the farmers market and got some veggies and then had some friends over for some beers and dinner. My cousin is a vegetarian (or I guess a pescatarian/ I don't know. He eats fish and stuff from the sea) and my brother loves tuna, so we went with some tuna steaks. Seared at 650. But first some ABTs.

IMAG0028.jpg

Some people can't even wait.

IMAG0030.jpg

IMAG0031.jpg

IMAG0034.jpg

IMAG0036.jpg

Plated up. My wife made some sort of balsamic glaze from a restaurant from our home town in Corpus Christi. Not sure what was in it.

IMAG0037.jpg

And then last night, me and the wife sat outside and enjoyed the weather and cooked a few things up....abts and salmon with ragin river rub.

IMAG0047.jpg

IMAG0048.jpg

IMAG0050.jpg

All in all, a couple of great days weather wise and grill wise. Think I might grill something tonight.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments