Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

the new world global economy

Options
fishlessman
fishlessman Posts: 32,754
edited November -1 in Off Topic
just for me, next time you pick something up that reads made in china, put it down. ive got something on the way to bejjing stuck in customs for three months and the issue right now is a rusty bolt, one little rusty bolt that was for shipping purposes. i wonder how hard it is for a product to get here. :angry: my rant for the day, might be for the year, i dont rant much. the the ccib's solution is to just send it back.
fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    maybe if you paint it with lead paint and call it a child's toy they'll let it in
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    I have to ship a job to Mexico tomorrow and have no idea where to get the ME wood.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• fishlessman
    Options
    if its the same type rules as going over seas, we needed to hire a company that kept records of all the certified wood to build the box. im not qualified to build a wood box anymore :laugh:
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options
    canada is great to send things too, each province is set up like its own country :whistle:
    fukahwee maine

• Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    AIN'T THAT THE TRUTH! had a lady ream me out for the duty and customs she had to pay on her end for a frame we shipped her, clearly marked craft supplies made in the USA, Just as SHE requested. Then I ended up loosing money as I got hit with "adjustments" by UPS because she did not give me the correct address, it went all over heck up there. seems she had recently moved and gave me a combined address :S she did not even offer to pay (big surprise there) or say she was sorry. She is now on my starred list and there will be an aggravation factor figured into her next shipment charges.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    just about 90 days and it gets through :woohoo: looks like they shot it though, has what looks to be a bullet hole in it :blink:
    fukahwee maine