Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My new Company and Website

Bobby-Q
Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi Folks,

I have fielded over 200 communications so far and I know there are a lot more folks I haven't touched base with yet.

So to end all the rumor mongering and speculation, I am no longer an employee of Big Green Egg. The decision was made that the Executive Chef position was no longer needed, at least in a full time capacity.

I am currently a consultant to Big Green Egg and have started a new business based largely on the Big Green Egg. Chef Cresap Consulting Inc. is my new business and the website is www.chefcresap.com .

I am still an EGGhead and still love the product. Big Green Egg is changing as it moves towards being a big company. The change was inevitable and will have some bumps along the way but all will be good in the end.

If you have any questions just shoot me an e-mail bobby@chefcresap.com.

Comments

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Thanks. All the best to you. Not sure everything is evitable but I do hope things work out in the ned.
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Wish you nothing but the best in the future, and have no doubt you'll rise above this. From the outside looking in I personally don't see how these recent changes help BGE in the least...but what do I know. If you ever need anything, you know my numbers.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    The very best to you with your new company.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    It appears as if you are taking this change as an opportunity. With your talent and the respect you have garnered over the years you will do well.

Wishing you well in your new endeavor!
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,668
    hate it when i see a company drop there best assets in the name of growth and profits, seems bges reputation was built on the people that worked there and the customer support it generated, not just the actual eggs, anyone can make an egg, seeing new ones all the time. hope for the best, they may need more consulting than they think ;)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,168
    Best of luck to you, Bobby! They're losing a great asset in you. I always thought you were the perfect fit for BGE with your experience and know-how.
    You're still invited to my fest! :lol:
  • Good luck on the new venture.

Nice web site!
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Nice site Bobby !! Doors open and close all though our lives and what sets people apart is how they handle it. You can stand out side the door and wait and see and wait and see and nothing happens or you can run through and take off! Looks like you have opened a door to the hallway of success. Best wishes for your journey down it.
  • Susan Egglaine
    Susan Egglaine Posts: 2,437
    Wishing you all the best! Hopefully BGE's loss will open many doors for you.
    Had the radio turned to sports talk this morning & a nascar show was on and BGE was the sponsor. Is this the direction we are taking???? :blink:
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Lot's happening!
    Congrats and best of success with your new business. I'm one of your fans. :cheer:

Very nice logo! Site looks super.
  • Thanks for your expertise. I learned a lot about cooking on a BGE at your classes.
    Best of Luck.
    Billy
    Wilson, NC
    Large BGE - WiFi Stoker - Thermapen - 250 Cookbooks

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Can anyone join your site? I am having trouble redgestering. I have filled in all the blanks and hit the redgester button and get this.

Not Found

The requested URL /welcome.html was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Bobby I wish you the best. Tim
  • davehemp
    davehemp Posts: 109
    having the same problem registering... :pinch:
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Hey Bobby...
    Sorry to hear you are no longer there full time. I think it was clear to all that you considered that the best job in the world, and having a job you feel that way about is the best one can hope for professionally.

That said... I'm glad to hear you say "I am currently a consultant to Big Green Egg AND have started a new business "

I guarantee you, THAT will be the best job you'll ever have, working for yourself.

Take a look on this forum, it is a surprising thing, frankly, but I'd say that there's a larger than typical number of people here who are on their own in one way or another. People here seem to be self starters and individualists. It's frankly one of the reasons i like it here. The grill connection is for me what GOT me here. But what kept me coming back is the mix of people, a good many of whom seem to have said "to heck with it, i'm doing my own thing"

I can't make you not nervous about it, I still wake sometimes at 4am worrying about work, but it always works out, and you are always doing what YOU want, rather than what your boss tells you to do. Sure, clients will be demanding, but ultimately, it's your call, you have control.

I say CONGRATULATIONS. we all know you are no slouch around the grill, and i think given the continuing connection to BGE, you will have a little fall-back. It's not like you are striking out totally anew, hopefully the BGE consultancy will provide some stability as you grow.

All fooling around aside, and all prior goofiness excepted, I wish you luck and would help you if you needed it (though you won't need it, and I'm not sure how i could help). I always feel good about someone striking out on their own, everyone deserves a shot to get their own balloon off the ground.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Wish the best for you Bobby as well as Jim. You guys made the company what it was, and I emphasize WAS. -RP
  • Glad I bought mine before they went public.
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Congratulations and best wishes to you and your new company. It is bookmarked, but I couldn't sign up. I kept getting errors, but will keep trying.
    Challenge to all on the forum. Bookmark his site and google it couple times a week. Let's put this site on the top of the search list.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Thanks for you help in past Bobby, I have enjoyed talking with you on the phone and in the forum.

I hope this change will be a big move forward for you and your family. To quote another egg'r east of me "Happy Trails" my friend.

My best, Kent
  • Morro Bay Rich
    Morro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
    This is certainly not the kind of news I care to wakeup to.
    Good luck and I really appreciate the help you have given ALL of us.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    well said
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Wishing you the best, I will put your site on my favorites list right away.
    I hope this move was agreeable as you make it sound. We will all be watching as the company changes and hope they do not lose sight of their employees/product/customers/reputation just for the sake of growth ;)
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Good luck in the new adventure. Change is usually for the better.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    I could not register either! :angry:
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Pork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
    Bobby when one door closes another one opens and for the better. You are loved and respected by all and I know you will do well. Good luck to you and wish you all the success in the world.
  • Dimple's Mom
    Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    Congratulations and best of luck in your new endeavors. Hope this ends up to be a 'best of both worlds' situation for you! You deserve the best.
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    I know time changes everything but sometimes it's just not right. I always knew I could call the Mothership and ask you anything....I will miss you being there. Hopefully, we will have a chance to see more of you in the future and this "change" will be good for you. Happiness always and good luck.... :kiss:
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    I didn't buy my first Egg because you were at Big Green Egg, but I did buy two more because you and others like you were there.

I also referred many, many people to BGE, just as other Eggheads do every day, mostly because you and others were there to help if we needed it, teach when we wanted it and join us in play when we deserved it.

I truely believe BGE's success is greatly due to you. You always represented yourself and Big Green Egg professionally and above board.

I wish you the best with your new business and hope to see you around the BGE circuit for a long time.

Spring "Good People Make Good Cookers Better" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Cheers, & the best to you!!
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Looks kinda the same to me too Wess....... :huh:
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Best of luck to you Bobby. Hopefully we'll cross paths at a comp some day as I can about guarantee I won't be going to Eggtoberfest anytime soon.