Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hey Beli- my Pescado a la Veracruzana

Options
dhuffjr
dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
....or my punted version anyway. Angela says she only like Kalamata olives so I went light and didn't have fresh herbs....and forgot jalapenos...... and we used Tiliapia....didn't have enough fresh tomato so I used some canned crushed tomatoes...... and I'm sure I butchered it beyond all belief but it was still fantastic. I will be doing this cook again! One thing I did for chili's is use dried green ones I've got from a place in New Mexico. Great little place Lawn Ranger tipped me off too. Good stuff. Can't wait to do this one again with a thicker fish.

Note I even pinched your idea of the portabello mushrooms. I walked past them and they just kind of cried out to me. The jalapeno peppers where right there and remind silent for some reason :whistle:

IMG_9990.jpg

IMG_9995.jpg

Comments

• Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Fantástico Dennis. Any white fish will do, glad you liked it, we say jalapeños have memory the next day :laugh: so probably best they were silent for now. You can vary the nonessential ingredients & adjust to your taste also pretty good
  • dhuffjr
    Options
    It was really really really good. I can see this being a great topping for some chicken or just it by itself over rice too.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Looks like you have a real good meal....
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    Dennis, nice cook. You can't go wrong emulating Beli! (at least his cooking) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Options
    Looks great
    Going on the to do list :laugh:

Shane
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Rebecca I'm just a simple boy with a grown up appetite for....... :woohoo: food :P with some mild deviations not important enough to be considered in this forum :unsure: who happened to be born south of cornucopia :whistle:
  • dhuffjr
    Options
    Do it soon. My cooking is so infrequent sometimes. It took me 4-5 years to get around to making ABTs after seeing them and I was kicking myself for waiting so long. This is a fantastic dish and will be done over and over and over.
  • dhuffjr
    Options
    I would tell you I'd bring some by Monday but the rest will be in my belly this evening. I will be making babies cry at the regions leader tonight and the crapeteria is below their usual level of suckiness on weekends.............