Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lunchtime Simplicity

Options
Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Although I love doing complex marinades and sauces, simplicity is sometimes great for Qing. Especially when it comes to lunch. Making mustard rubbed chicken coated with prudhomes poultry magic. Also some thin sliced taters with olive oil and JJs rub. Grill chicken at 375-400 for maybe 40 minutes, and taters for maybe 10. [p]Quick to prepare and so tasty.
Great Thursday to all.
NB [p]

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    Nature Boy, sounds great. I just lit the BGE to make a batch of ChefRD's Hot Wings (Receipe in recipe section) for lunch. I posted a picture of them the other day and they looked so good that I took this afternoon off to eat chicken wings and work in the yard. [p]Best to all!

[ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]
  • Bama Fire
    Bama Fire Posts: 267
    Options
    Gfw,
    I made some wings last night, based on the chefRD recipe, but I kicked up the heat a bit -- quite a bit. here's my method:[p]Milk Bath:
    1 cup milk
    1 egg
    1 tablespoon tabasco[p]Let wings soak in bath for 5 minutes or so then coat with the following flour/meal mixture:[p]1/2 cup flour
    1/2 cup corn meal
    1 Tbs White pepper
    1 tsp Cayenne pepper
    1 Tbs Freshly cracked black pepper
    1 Tbs garlic powder
    1 Tbs onion powder
    1/2 tsp chilli powder
    1 tsp salt
    1 tsp Zatarain's creole seasoning[p]Let sit in refrigerator for a while -- long enough to get a fire built, started and the egg stabalized at 250.[p]Grill over hickory smoke.[p]Melt one stick butter and add 1 Tsp of tabasco. Brush on wings as you flip.[p]WOW! What a meal. A fanstastic hot flavor. I had some leftover (a surprise I know) that I ate for lunch -- just threw them on a cookie sheet and heated for 20 minutes at 300 in the oven.[p]B~F

• Gfw
    Options
    Bama Fire, I stole your post to add to my version of ChefRD's recipe. The page is located on the link - thanks on advance.

[ul][li]Bama Fires' version of ChefRD's Hot Wings![/ul]
  • Bama Fire
    Bama Fire Posts: 267
    Options
    Gfw,
    WOW! I've been published! :-D[p]I actually measured the spices this time so that I could recreate if the wings were good. I'm glad I did. Normally, I just add some of this more of that and a bit less of the other.[p]B~F

• Gfw
    Options
    Bama Fire, this is a great day... wings for lunch and soon I'll start the grill agaijn for a few 1.5 inch pork chops.[p]