Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Today\'s Fun

Options
cookn biker
cookn biker Posts: 13,407
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Headed north this morning to Palmer Lake. Hiked the foothills in their backyard. It hit low 70's today, but the wind picked big time around 1pm.
The trails pass the local water sheds.

PalmerLakewatershedtrail024.jpg

PalmerLakewatershedtrail031.jpg

PalmerLakewatershedtrail032.jpg

PalmerLakewatershedtrail041.jpg

PalmerLakewatershedtrail042.jpg

PalmerLakewatershedtrail050.jpg

PalmerLakewatershedtrail057.jpg

PalmerLakewatershedtrail060.jpg

Fried legs with Cluck and Squeal and avacado and tomato salad. Fresh garlic, Hatch chili's, scallions, squeeze of lemon, and s/p. Also a leftover hunk of smoked pepperjack cheese. On the mini.

002-4.jpg

They were cooking to hot on the little leaker, so I threw them into a cast iron pan.

005-2.jpg

009-3.jpg

Need something sweet now. :laugh:
Molly
Colorado Springs
"Loney Queen"
"Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE

Comments

• Bash
    Bash Posts: 1,011
    Options
    Looks like fun. It was 80 here today.

Nice looking chicken too. :)
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Colorado sure is purty!! So's your chicken.

Avocado? :sick:

:)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Judy Mayberry
    Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
    Options
    I sure hope I get your name for a Secret Santa gift. San Diego County is a hotbed of subversive green avocado-shaped fruit.

BTW, thank you for your hot dog advice. I think I'll just pass!
    Judy in San Diego
  • cookn biker
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • transversalInactive
    Options
    It hit 80 here, too. It's merely a harbinger of the worst time of year in this neck of the woods.
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Thanks.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Thanks Michael. After a 4 hour hike I inhaled them. :laugh:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Judy Mayberry
    Options
    What a beautiful setting...it makes everything taste better, even when it's already terrific!
    Judy in San Diego
  • fire egger
    fire egger Posts: 1,124
    Options
    Sounds like a good day, and a fine meal, Molly
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Totally agree Judy!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Kendall, Great day it was! Hope yours was also.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Wowww what a nice way to spend the day Molly, Palmer Lake looks beautiful & at the same time you exercise & build an appetite for a nice egged meal
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    Hmm, let me get this straight, Judy. I give you advice which you seem to appreciate. In return, you want to send me avocados? :huh: :sick:

What do I get if you DON'T like my advice? Prime Rib?

:laugh: :laugh:

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• cookn biker
    Options
    It was a soul feeding day Beli!! ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Molly,

How did you like the Cluck and Squeal? I thought it was awesome.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• cookn biker
    Options
    Loved it!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Mr. & Mrs Potatohead
    Options
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Options
    Molly - I always look forward to photos from your hikes and adventures. They are always so beautiful - these are no exception. Hope you enjoyed your day - and hope you get to see the beautiful moon tonight. I didn't get nearly as great a view as Gator Bait's, but is was striking nonetheless! :)
  • Judy Mayberry
    Options
    Mea culpa. Not nice at all for all the trouble you went to. I'm not trying to change you, Michael, just want you to see the light.
    Judy in San Diego
  • cookn biker
    Options
    You are welcome Jerry.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Thanks Elizabeth. It's always a difficult task to decide which pictures to post. 4 hour hike and 65 pictures.. :laugh: :laugh: Great day though!
    Just now seeing that beautiful moon. ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    hahaha. took me YEARS to learn to like brussels sprouts. I don't have enough years LEFT for avocados. just send prime rib. or calves liver. :)

and it was no trouble, Judy.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Judy Mayberry
    Options
    Eeeeeeek! I wouldn't TOUCH raw calves' liver! Mommy used to make it a lot and I had to have an inch of onions on it. Then it wasn't so bad.
    Judy in San Diego
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    Better with bacon, no onions. I'm not trying to change you, Judy, just want you to see the light. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Grillin & Chillin
    Options
    Nice C.B. That is truly Living Life to The Fullest! I have relatives in Colorado Springs Black Forest area and love the country out where you are. Love the pic's. Thanks
    BGE'er since 1996 Large BGE 1996, Small BGE 1996, Mini BGE 1997
  • Primeggister1
    Options
    I am glad you packed your Cluck & Squeal! Gee my rub has been to more place than I have :laugh:
  • Da Kine Green BBQ
    Options
    Wow. Awesome place, awesome eats - what a day!
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Oh it must be fun to be you :laugh:
    Real nice place for a hike....
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    Thanks for the vicarious hike Molly! :) Sure wish I could burn some calories looking at your post. :laugh: