Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Hot sauce reviews

Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,321
edited 9:39AM in EggHead Forum
Since I am referred to as the "King" of hot sauces I am often asked to review new products before they are offered to the public.
Here are some samples I received yesterday:

DSC_0098-1.jpg

These have been submitted to a local gourmet farm store and the owners have asked for my assesment. They are made locally by a West Indian family

DSC_0099-1.jpg

Steve
Lord and ruler of the capscium universe

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·

Comments

• thechief96thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    So what do you think? ;) Keep us informed. Interesting labels.
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
    ·
  • Wise OneWise One Posts: 2,645
    Don't you know that hot stuff will stunt your growth?
    ·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    And have your heraldic plate to show it. Your highness I'm proud to be your friend. :ohmy: DSCN1500.jpg
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,321
    Billy, way too late for that man. B)

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    Buddy,

You are really looking for hat knighthood aren't you :laugh:

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    What was that hot sauce you asked me about, was it Arizona Gunslinger? -RP
    ·
    Randy,

Yes have you tried it? I was able to get a few jars when I was in Casa Grande. I made the chicken with it and it was outstanding.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    Just a minor land allowance perhaps :P
    ·
    Would you like some serfs with that?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • RGBHVRGBHV Posts: 1,317
    All hail the King!

Keswick - Made in Canada?

Michael
    ·
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    I tried both the red and the green jalapeno sauces on my eggs in a cafe the other day, really liked it. They carry it in the local grocery store, let me know if you want me to send you some. -RP
    ·
  • DeplesisDeplesis Posts: 215
    Steve,
    When you review, do you use a scale that we commoners can relate to with readily available sauces i.e. Tobasco = 1 Sriracha = 2 etc.?
    RJ
    ·
    I will

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    I was just kidding on about being the King. I will post and the heat levels relative to other sauces.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    I like it cause it tastes so fresh. Not vinegary at all. Thanks for the offer but I have my annual eight case order on the way.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • DeplesisDeplesis Posts: 215
    King or no King....The sauces you play around with are HOT and to be respected. Have a great weekend up North
    RJ
    ·
    Of course need quite a few to wave the feather hand fans remember it gets hot in here
    ·
    Michael,

I re-read the note and the family has the rights to import it. There are a lot of Canadian made hot sauces though (Frostbite,Firefighter)and quite a few others. There is a guy on Manatoulin that makes terrific line. He only sells at Fall fairs and food shows. He has some blends that are wonderful. Jalepeno horseradish, Habanero blackbery and such. Next time I run into him I'll grab you a few bottles.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Which one goes best with 'Loney? :huh: :evil: :laugh:
    ·
    How the hell would I know? :blink:

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    great :S does this mean that if you should make it to the fest we have to bow to you??
    ·
    You would have to get real low

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    :laugh: ;)
    ·
    not touching that.... :whistle: I could but I will need many ten foot poles..... B)
    ·
    on second thought! you get your short, tiny but down here and I will bow B) and give you my crown from last year!!!
    ·
    I'm more like a tiara kind of girl. I'll come if I can wear poolgirl's apron and pumps

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    what size?? I will have them ready! I will make him give them up if I have to take them myself! Besides I am much bigger than him!
    Really Steven we will miss you next month. your daughters dance competition is way more important and the fest will come up every year. family first :kiss:
    ·