Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Full Moon Photos

Gator Bait
Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum

Good Morning All,

Five a.m. this morning I dragged my carcass out of bed and braving the frigid cold and fierce north wind I ventured forth in search of the elusive Moon!

In truth it was about 60º and a very slight breeze if any out of the SSE. I was chilly dressed in shorts and a T shirt but had my coffee with me and persevered. :laugh:

It wasn't difficult to find . . .
DSC_7136TEMP.jpg

If you would like a slightly larger image feel free to right click on this one and save a copy to your hard drive. It should save as the same size I put on P.B. . . . that's the theory anyways.

Venus - The Morning Star was in it's full phase as well and was brilliant coming up over the eastern horizon ahead of the Sun. Much to far away for me to get a good picture. The Wiki article HERE has a good image of Venus and there isn't much to see, just cloud cover.
DSC_7182TEMP.jpg

I will try to take more shots of the moon when it rises again this evening. I don't know if it will be any better but it's worth a try.

Have a great day All,

Blair

Comments