Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Salado Egghead Gathering

Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 9,723
edited 2:48AM in EggHead Forum
One week from right now, Spring Hen and I should already be in Salado getting ready for the Meet & Greet with those arriving from out of town. That's assuming we can get all this STUFF in our truck.

My goodness!!! It sure takes a lot of STUFF to cook a few items for the masses. But cook it we will and have fun doing it.

When all that is loaded then there's rum to be got, Coke to make it tasty, ice to cool it down and my Spring Chicken mug to carry it around.

I guess then you can call me...

Spring "Happy Leroy" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

• BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Great mi buen amigo. At what time is the meet & greet in friday? Sorry I only recall seeing saturday's program.
  • hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Shucks! We won't be there until Saturday morning. :( :S .....Did I just say "shucks"?
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,938
    Meet & Greet Starts as soon as Leroy gets his first R&C going.
    :laugh: That early???????????
  • Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 9,723
    I figure we'll help Mickey with anything he needs doing. Probably not much to do but enjoy the tranquility of Inn on the Creek.

It'll probably be about 3:00 PM by then and people will start arriving after that. So, unofficially let's say 3:00. It could start even sooner but definitely no later than 4:00. I mean, there's rum to be repeatedly tested before it gets dark.

Spring "Rum Tester Tester Tester Tester" Chicken
    We'll be arriving around then,well...... probably a bit later since Loren & Valeria want do do some shopping on the way.... :unsure:
  • I'm looking forward to it!!!!!

Even though I'm not cooking, will be allowed to set up our portable tailgate type tent/canopy to provide the kids some shade?

This should be a lot of fun... I *know* I'm gonna wish I brought my egg the minute I get there and see others cooking...
  • Is there a Twin Peaks we could me for lunch?
  • ibandaibanda Posts: 460
    Jerry, FYI they just opened a Twin Peaks one block from the Oklahoma Eggfest location. Walking distance from the La Quinta. :)
    "Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
    Small and Large BGE in Oklahoma City.
  • TweetyTweety Posts: 455
    There is a beautiful and huge pavilion so there will probably be plenty of shade for the kids. But you can bring your pop up, we might throw ours in if there's room.

I'm sure if you decide to cook, someone will share an egg! We love to see (and eat) what others cook.

This is going to be a blast!