Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fred\'s Franks Annual Opening!

Sundown
Sundown Posts: 2,980
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Beautiful day in the low 70º's a good breeze coming across the nearby lake.

A small crowd waited patiently as the Pearls, Linguica and sausages grilled on the Big Green Egg!

Opening day had Fred himself helping the new owner feed the anxious and hungry crowd. Shouts of welcome back, high fives and colorful fun banter kept the friendly crowd on its feet and held their attention.

As stike arrived a parking space opened on the street right in front of Fred's! I, on the other hand, had to park a quarter of a mile away in a fire lane. I'm sure stike didn't care any more than any of you.

The first Pearl franks of the season were farkin' awesome! Juice dribbling down our chins and the flavors of the habanero mustard and onions adding just the right accent to our lunch. The 120 mile round trip was well worth it and to spend some time with stike rounded out my day.

I feel bad for you folks that can't enjoy something that has become an icon here in Massachusetts. Maybe some day . . .

Comments