Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Well, my brand new XL BGE is officially Broken In.

Options
jaymag_87
jaymag_87 Posts: 111
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was taking the cover off to cook up some ribeyes, when I knocked off the DFMT. To keep to from hitting the concrete and breaking, I trapped it agaimst the side of the BGE. :pinch: :angry::blush:

chippedegg1.jpg

chippedegg2.jpg

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    jaymag_87,

Badge of Honour. Some believe that you need to take the daisy off for high temps when in fact the overall restriction when it is wide open is only 50 mm or so. I can achieve high temps with the daisy on and wide open.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• jaymag_87
    jaymag_87 Posts: 111
    Options
    I was taking off the nice, pretty, green, vented vinyl cover so I could start the cooking process. :blush:
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Sorry, my misunderstanding. You can glue a little stove gasket on the Daisy to make it hold on better.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Beaker
    Beaker Posts: 293
    Options
    Dang...that kind of blows...I have ALMOST dropped the daisy wheel off my lid removing the BGE cover also...now I kind of shake it while removing the cover...
  • Indiana Egghead
    Options
    I can top that. I was taking my cover off the other day getting ready for a cook and the cover got caught on the ceramic cap. I lightly jerked at the cover and before I could do anything, it caught the ceramic top and sent it to the nice hard, concrete patio. Needless to say, it didn't bounce and ended up in three pieces. I couldn't JB weld it together because of too many little pieces that must have went flying off somewhere.
    Live and Learn. I bleed green that night. :(
  • texegghead
    Options
    Whoop! My lid was cracked really bad when it was delivered. I'm still using it even though I have a replacement lid. Don't seem to have a problem holding temps.
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Options
    It's a long way from the heart. I think he'll live. ;)

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE