Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ATT U-verse

Options
Rolling Egg
Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
edited November -1 in Off Topic
Anyone have this television/internet service. A lady called today trying to push this to me and I was wondering if anyone has any opinions. My first research on the net turned up terrible reviews. I'm currently with Dish Network and have no problems. It was a pretty sweet package deal she was offering but I'm not willing to sacrafice excellent service for lower prices. Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Kokeman
    Kokeman Posts: 822
    Options
    We switched over to ATT about 6 months ago. We switched from Charter mainly because of Charters customer service. The service has been great and we love the 4 dvrs. The only complaint we have is the sales man gave us 6 months of free receivers. We had to call every month for the first three months to get the discount. On the third time I called, I told them I would go back to Charter if I had to call again. They gave me the remaining discount on that bill. We have 6 months left on are promotional price, the salesman told me to call and they will extend it again. Overall we have been happy with ATT.
  • CBBQ
    CBBQ Posts: 610
    Options
    Heath,
    U-verse is by far superior if they get it working right. Pictures, features, 4-way dvr are great. I would suggest you ask any of your neighbors if they have it and how it is functioning. U-Verse is very sensitive to how far you are from facilities. Having it work at your house doesn't mean it works WELL at your house.
    Former AT&T Employee
  • Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Options
    Thanks for the replies.
  • deepsouth
    deepsouth Posts: 1,796
    Options
    uverse rocks!!! can't believe i waited so long.. also can use the iphone app to control the dvr and watch shows.
  • Boilermaker Ben
    Options
    We have used AT&T for our phone and internet service for years. Their customer service has always treated us well, and we never get phone calls from them trying to sell us more service. Our DSL went down one or twice over the past five years, and never stayed down for long. Service has always been good.

In contrast, our local cable provider is Comcast. Our comcast service was terrible. We lost cable for extended periods of time several times a year, and our digital signal would hiccup several times an hour. Their customer service was terrible, and their technicians were incompetent. We had to call to correct billing issues occasionally, and they called us at least monthly to try to sell us new service. If we didn't answer the sales calls, they would call several times per day until we picked up. Our upgrade to HD was a nightmare.

So it was a no-brainer for us to switch to U-verse, when it finally came available in our area. Installation was a breeze, we've had it for several months and have had no outages, and gotten no sales calls. We get none of the digital hiccups we got with our cable service, and our combined U-verse phone/internet/tv bill is less than what we paid for those three services when we purchased cable separately.
  • RU Eggsperienced
    Options
    I had nothing but trouble and the service was never installed. AT&T is quite against fixing their ageing copper infrastructure and meanwhile they build a service based upon that very delicate infrastructure.

My neighbor has it, his neighbor has it but AT&T can't make it work at my house. What a waste of time. Sure wish ATT was laying fiber infrastructure like Verizon's FIOS service. At least Verizon is using their government sponsored monopoly to their advantage.

OK - I am not a happy camper with these bozos. Best of luck but I'll do whatever to not buy ATT service from now on.
  • deepsouth
    deepsouth Posts: 1,796
    Options
    when i signed up online, it gave me problems, so they handled me over the phone. they gave me a credit, can't remember how much, for the first two months. when i got my second full bill, it didn't show the credit. i called them and they asked me how much it was supposed to be and i told them the lady told me about $156. she keyed in 156, adjusted for taxes and lowered my bill to 140something this month.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Have had it for a year and love it. Never watch live tv anymore. Just DVR things and fast forward through all the commercials.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    I had Charter before, and it was awful from top to bottom. I've had UVerse for about two years now, and while it hasn't been perfect, I'd sooner chew a giant roll of tinfoil than go back to Charter.
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    A colleague at work tried it. They had all kinds of trouble. They finally got to the point where they claimed they couldn't figure out how to upgrade his service (TV) to a higher tier, and they couldn't figure out how to cancel his service. It took a couple of months to finally cancel his service. Nightmare kind of stuff.
    The Naked Whiz
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    Glad to see you are finally giving up tin foil and rabbit ears :P
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    Verizon doesn't have a government sponsored monopoly. Hey, just because they were far sighted enough to put big bucks into a fiber network doesn't make them a monopoly. ATT piggy-backed on Verizon's copper plant for years taking advantage of out-of- franchise laws. Now they claim U-Verse to be great. Sorry, they can't match the quality of speed and picture of Fios. Sure, they will give you a wheelbarrow full of DVR boxes, but the quality of their plant is inferior. Yes, I retired from Verizon.