Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2011 Big Green Egg MSRP

Options
Carolina Q
Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
In case anyone is interested... :laugh:

The following is from an email I received from Mama (hey, if you want to know, you just have to ask the right person). These prices are for the Eggs only, NO accessories.

"Here are the 2011 MSRP prices for the Eggs. Please know that these prices can vary depending on distributor and dealer location.

XL Egg = $1099.00
Lg Egg = $799.00
Med Egg = $629.00
Sm Egg = $539.00
Mini Egg = $379.00"

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
Central Connecticut 

Comments

• Hic
    Hic Posts: 350
    Options
    Ouch!!

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    What the heck is this....Canada? Revolt now while you still can!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• wallyjar
    wallyjar Posts: 123
    Options
    I just bought a demo egg to be picked up after Gulfport, MS eggfest.

Was in a store in Charlotte, NC this week and sticker was $869 for large egg.

Ouch!
  • Gullzway
    Gullzway Posts: 35
    Options
    Even more happy that I picked my "Gently Used Large" up for $500!
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Been thinking about adding a small, but for a little more the Med might be the way to go.
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • LDD
    LDD Posts: 1,225
    Options
    Little Steven wrote:
    What the heck is this....Canada? Revolt now while you still can!

haha.. that's what I was thinking... looks like canadian prices!
    context is important :)
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    In all the years I have owned and been associated with BGE...I don't believe there is such a thing as an "MSRP" every distributor and dealer advertise their own pricing schedule based on many different factors, and the most important being what is included in a "package" price..nest, therm, daisy wheel, etc...bottom line is it's all about profit margin.....and there used to be retailers that charged extra for a dome thermometer..
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    No argument from me, Wess... just trying to give folks a starting point for "negotiation". The key is probably going for a package with a bunch of accessories included.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Bear 007
    Bear 007 Posts: 383
    Options
    Ive called all over the state of Maine for prices on the large and these are right.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,527
    Options
    Michael, LS is right, I'm guessing for roughly the same $ in Canuckian fund which is worth more than US fund now, we get one size smaller :angry:

In USA
    In Canada
    XL Egg = $1099.00 =LG
    Lg Egg = $799.00 =Med
    Med Egg = $629.00 =Sm
    Sm Egg = $539.00 =Mini
    Mini Egg = $379.00

Gary
    canuckland
  • wkygriller
    wkygriller Posts: 408
    Options
    It is up to the dealer on pricing. I am getting my new small tomorrow with a nest for less than the MSRP for one without. It makes a big difference when you shop around. Its almost like shopping for a car :sick:.
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    absolutely. just wanted to post these cuz no one ever seems to know what "list" is.

Go for the accessories!!! :laugh:

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    The only thing about the Medium is its not portable really. It can be done but not really practical. The Small can be moved by one man with out disasembling it.
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    GOODGOGHAMITEE!!! :whistle: Glad I kept all my Webers! ;) :laugh:
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    Hoss wrote:
    Glad I kept all my Webers! ;) :laugh:

Your secret is safe with me. :laugh:

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• BoroBGE
    BoroBGE Posts: 30
    Options
    I got my XL right at a grand before taxes. I believe that is pretty good for my area.

Unfortunately I only had money for the plate setter and new grate gripper. Wished I could have worked them more for accessories...
  • WessB
    Options
    I don't live in Maine..but do people there buy a new car on the phone?...Why would anyone buy an overly priced egg on the phone...it's your money..
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    :laugh: ;) Thanks! :)
  • BigDaddy - OCT
    Options
    Wow, I picked up my first one, a used medium, for $200 and bought a demo large with a nest and the basics for $580 about 3 years ago. I've been wanting a small pretty badly but I guess I'll have to find someone that's wanting to get rid of thiers.

BD
  • Bear 007
    Bear 007 Posts: 383
    Options
    The nearest dealer is 6hrs away in Southern Maine, I'm not going for a couple of weeks
  • Kentucky Wildcat Fan
    Options
    My dealer wants $1050 for a Large with a nest. Little on the high side.
    Large & MiniMax in Lexington, KY
  • Kentucky Wildcat Fan
    Options
    I forgot to say they do include the wooden wings on the side.
    Large & MiniMax in Lexington, KY
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    My paper work from last year has MSRP on it Wess. and papers from a few years back when we were looking at doing the dealership. LOL and yes we we do shop by phone for about everything. when the closest dealer to you is 6 hours away it is not easy. I think Maine has 3 egg dealers for the whole state and they did not have a clue. believe me I know about that! I am hearing some good things about the people who took over the Bangor place though and we are helping with a demo cook there when we get home in May. the other thing is someone might be listed as a dealer and you get there and they have 1 egg, no eggcessories and not even a bag of lump... after driving even 1 hour to get to the closest one you get a bit tired of it. BUT it is also what I love about Maine.
  • snake701uk
    snake701uk Posts: 187
    Options
    If you triple these prices it is almost what we pay in Italy!
    Andy
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    most folks have no idea how big maine is. i agree, call around before you drive anywhere.

quicker to drive from New Hampshire to Washington D.C. than it is to go from NH to visit my brother-in-law next door in Maine.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Mainegg
    Options
    and spread apart. Just cause a town is listed on a map could not mean a thing LOL might only be 30-100 granolas living there and twice that in moose and bear ;) when ever we bought a car from a dealer it was 2-3 hours of phone calls and then a few days of phone tag and stress and then we would go to the dealer to look at it. we are almost an hour from Bangor and 3 to Portland. the day is shot no matter what direction you go in. when I bought my first egg 8 years ago the was 1 dealer in the state and they had 1 med egg on site. and not interested in ordering the large I wanted
  • WessB
    Options
    Well I stand corrected...spose it's easy to assume everyone has the same shopping options available...apparently not. Thanks for the reality check.
  • Mainegg
    Options
    no problem Wess :) part of what we love about our place here in FL is we can be anywhere in minutes for anything we could ever want.. even have about 5 egg dealers with in 30 minutes... very unlike Maine
    I always chuckle when people complain about having to drive more than 15 minutes for something.. a "trip" to us is over 2 hours LOL
  • ibanda
    ibanda Posts: 553
    Options
    I know BGE "rebranded" but all I see is a new tagline and higher prices. Knowing what I know now, and after cooking on 'em for 2 years I would pay that much if I had to replace mine. I am just glad I bought them a while back.

It seems like BGE used to have low tech marketing, and lower prices with us eggheads doing a lot of the eggfest marketing for them. Now they have mass marketing and high prices. I just wonder how many people they are loosing to sticker shock with these prices.
    "Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
    Small and Large BGE in Oklahoma City.
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    Priced a gas grill lately? Weber Genesis is $600-$1000. The Summit line is $14-2400!! Yeah, you can get cheaper ones, but it's bad enough cooking on an expensive gasser! :laugh:

Michael 
    Central Connecticut