Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

OT travel help

thegrillsterthegrillster Posts: 348
edited 2:03AM in EggHead Forum
Hey Atlanta friends. I am going to Florida in april and I always get into Atlanta in evening rush hour.

Just seems to be the timing from my home in Illinois and I don't really want to leave earlier or later.

Any suggestions for bypassing the city on a two lane and not losing a lot of time.

Please include exit numbers and routes.

thanks

Comments

• FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    Can't help with Atlanta but what part of Florida are you coming to?
  • BucketheadBuckethead Posts: 285
    You are trying to do something that has been tried for decades with no success. I have been here since the late 60's and seen it get worse every year since. You will be in traffic on 75 south from where 85 merges till south of McDonough Ga. The added time for the traffic is no more than 45 minutes. (That's added time) So going around won't be any advantage. Trust me I have been trying for 40 years. If you are going during spring break you have bigger problems, heavy all the way to FL.
    Good Luck
  • stevesailsstevesails Posts: 981
    That's why we michigan at 3 or 4 in the afternoon. 12 hours to Atlanta.
    no traffic at 4 am
    XL   Walled Lake, MI

• RascalRascal Posts: 3,359
    Kinda like tryin' to avoid NYC area traffic at prime times.. there ain't no way...
  • CageyCagey Posts: 79
    Not sure how many of you are traveling but with fuel prices, it might be cheaper to fly. You might be able to find some good deals online. Just a suggestion.
  • RascalRascal Posts: 3,359
    Good point!!
  • I am going to Ft Lauderdale.
  • Wife and I traveling in the vette.