Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Tonight's Trout

ForniaFornia Posts: 451
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My good friend brought me some frozen trout caught by his grandfather, from local PA waters.

I was in a real crunch for time, so I kept it super simple….and ended up with great results.

Inside of cavity seasoned with Signore Bernardo Salmon Seasoning, then some butter, and thinly sliced lemon. Tied them up (not sure I needed to do this) and ready for the Egg. Some sliced potatoes in foil with thinly sliced yellow onions, butter and spices.
IMG_3019.jpg
I put the foiled potatoes on early, direct at 400 dome. Then worked the Egg down to 375 dome and cooked the trout raised-indirect (on the grid above the foiled potatoes).
IMG_3024.jpg
IMG_3027.jpg
My friend eats these trout a lot more than I, and he raved on the result. I gave all credit to ‘Chico’ (his grandpa)!

IMG_3035.jpg
IMG_3038.jpg
IMG_3044.jpg

Comments