Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egging and Baseball do go together

Florida Grillin Girl
Florida Grillin Girl Posts: 4,972
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Yesterday's Toronto Blue Jays game. They are in Dunedin for spring training, and were playing againste the Rays. I am not into baseball, but I am into tailgating with the eggs.

We got there early, were the first ones in the parking lot.

P3134213.jpg

Buffalo Chicken Dip, it's buffalo chicken wings without the skin and bones:

P3134217.jpg

A fattie, Jimmy Dean Hot sausage rubbed with DP Jamaican Firewalk, and glazed with blueberry chipotle sauce:

P3134219.jpg

Wings, how boring, but a friend requested them, these were marinated in Mojo Criollo. Also hot dogs, and hamburgers, no pics.

P3134220.jpg

Quote of the day "Faith, only you would bring these napkins to a tailgate!"

P3134222.jpg

The hands down winner of the day was meat on a stick. The perfect stand up and chit chat food.

Marinated Pork Sate with peanut sauce:

P3134218.jpg

Even the parking attendants liked it. Look closely and you can see the stick in his hand~

P3134221.jpg

Daisy, the pig made her tailgate debut. Look, she has a piglet friend~

P3134224.jpg

I made a rum cake, which everyone loved. It was a perfect 77 degrees in the shade:

P3134225.jpg

Now it was time to go into the game, even though I would have rather stayed outside and cooked more.

It was really hot inside the stadium, they had us packed in there like sardines, with no shade, and no cupholders. (It's an old stadium.)

P3134227.jpg

Here is the actual game that I did not watch:

P3134228.jpg

The piglet got smuggled in, along with some rum cake and peanuts. The people sitting near us thought we were nuts.

P3134229.jpg

Life is fun.

P3134230.jpg

Don't ask who won, I wasnt paying attention and there was a huge pole in the way of the scoreboard.
Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini

Comments

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Never a dull moment with you at a ball game. It looks like a blast. ;):)
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Everything looks really good.

I need to try that Buffalo Dip. I'd ask for the recipe, but I think I've seen it in the recipe section. Or I'll just try the search function. What part of the piggy do you use for pork satays? Those look good too.

I'd be right there with you staying in the parking lot. Not a big fan of baseball. Boring sport to watch.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Faith,

Do you even know who played? :ermm:

Need mo info on da dip, tho. :)
  • Griffin, the dip recipe:

Chopped egged chicken
    8 oz. cream cheese
    1 pkg. Hidden Valley ranch mix
    1/2 cup Frank's hot sauce
    cheese of your choice on top - I used mozzarella

Mix together and top with cheese and heat on egg.

Pork sates were pork tenderloin.

Come on down, the weather is fine!
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

• LDD
    LDD Posts: 1,225
    looks like a great time.

Meat on a stick is always a crowd favourite... somehow just tastes better..
    context is important :)
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Blue Jays 9 - Rays 3 (the Rays are the ones from Tampa ;))

Nice napkins! :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• WWSis
    WWSis Posts: 1,448
    Faith, you getting paid by BGE to wear that fancy pink gear? :laugh: As always...beautiful - especially Daisy :P the cloth, the wine glasses and flowered napkins...I too, am a fan of prettying things up - it adds an extra-special element to your already amazing food! :) You going to waldorf?
  • Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    :laugh:
    Awsome post Faith
    Looks like a great time with great food
    Hope they didn't beat up our Jay's too bad :laugh:

Shane
  • Thanks for the score, Q. Both teams were wearing light colored pants, and dark shirts....I couldn't tell who was who! It was a sold out game, causa the Rays are our home team (even I know that!). The parking guys said the day before game was empty.

• EggHeadFred
    EggHeadFred Posts: 123
    My wife and I go to Spring Training every year. We are going to Bradenton on the 24th. I won't be Egging, just enjoying Spring Training Baseball, the weather and the great seafood on Anna Maria Island.
    Fred V. Smyrna,Ga.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Faith your posts are so much fun, thanks...
    Got to try the Buffalo Chicken Dip.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• EggheadFred, go and have fun. I love Anna Maria Island. Check out Beach Bistro on Holmes Beach.

• Dnorman
    Dnorman Posts: 117
    Looks like a lot of fun. Egging is about the only way to make baseball interesting....well that and a ton of beer.
  • bees
    bees Posts: 335
    I love your posts. Could you share the dip recipe? Thanks Randy
  • EggHeadFred
    EggHeadFred Posts: 123
    Thanks, we will try that. There are so many good places all over that part of Florida. Have you ever tried Guppy's in Indian Rocks Beach? That is one of our favorites.
    Fred V. Smyrna,Ga.
  • Yes, Fred, I've been to Guppy's several times. The same owners own Mystic Fish in Palm Harbor. There are a few good fish places around, but the best fish place is at home, cooked on the egg!

• Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Faith: What a FUN day!! :laugh: The food looks fantastic as always! :) I think the quote of the day though, should have been..."Only you would bring a lace tablecloth to a tail gate party!" :laugh: :silly: :laugh: Great post!
  • Actually, Michelle, here is the real quote of the day:
    "If someone would give me a cigarette, I'd light it up and get myself kicked out of here". Yes, that was said during the game. By guess who.

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    All around great post Faith. ;)

I'm sooo Jell us!

All that talk about Bradenton didn't help either and your thermapen sitting there wide open. :angry:

One of these days. :unsure:
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    :laugh: :laugh: Beautiful post, but those napkins Faith.....honestly :woohoo: haaaha. I think you definitely belong in the cooking side of the game oh & the piggies are great
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    My first thought was, only Faith would dress the table with a lace table cloth...hahaha
    Glad you guys had a great time!
    When Keri and Jon were on one of their visits, we stumbled across thos little pink piglets. We both got one. Ours oinks, does yours?
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    I love tailgating! Way to go!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • Molly, it does not oink. But rather has something coming out of the rear end if you squeeze it... gross!

• eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Faith, if I ever go to a baseball game I'm taking you with me! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Your tailgating had to surpass that game by light years! :)
  • bees
    bees Posts: 335
    Faith,
    Sorry for the request,I saw it above. Thanks, Randy
  • Randy, no problem whatsoever. It actually should have had mayo in it, but I left it out and couldn't tell the difference. Everyone there asked for the recipe.