Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Calf Brisket

GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,171
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
As some of ya'll know, I had a 3.5 lb calf brisket that came from an 800 lb locally raised grass fed cow that I was going to smoke Friday.

I fired up the egg around 11 or 11:30 and let it stablilze to 250 while puttering around the yard a bit. Threw the brisket on at noon.

P1020495.jpg

Had some friends come over about 2. Decicded to play some Giant Jenga

P1020496.jpg

Gotta be careful when it falls down.

P1020497.jpg

Chugging right along.

P1020498.jpg

Not sure when I pulled the brisket because I wasn't paying attention to time. It had gotten to 195 and the temp probe slid in and out of a few places like buttah! So got these babies on the egg.

P1020500.jpg

We got bored with the Jenga and my buddy with the hat suggested some ladderball.

P1020501.jpg

P1020502.jpg

Just about done.

P1020504.jpg

Wife had bought some jalepeno cheese sausage at Central Market. Can't member the brand.
P1020505.jpg

P1020506.jpg

After a few hours in a cooler wrapped in foil and towels it was time to slice up the brisket. There really wasn't a smoke ring. I think it was due to the fact that in about an hour and a half, the brisket had already rocketed to 160 and hit the plateau.

P1020509.jpg

P1020510.jpg

I thought it was an ok brisket. The flat seemed a little dry, but the point really good. That's the only part I ate. After dinner, we had a little fire and some more Jenga before calling it a night.

P1020512.jpg

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

Comments