Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Here's a question for the guys on here

13»

Comments

  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Not much difference before or after.I do MOST of the cooking mainly because I enjoy it. :) I do grill/cook a lot more things with the Egg than I did with the WebKet.
    ·
  • chocdocchocdoc Posts: 456
    I recall my hubby made a potato salad once - forgot to drain the potatoes. Not a stellar success. Hasn't tried anything since. But strangely watches cooking shows - I guess it's true what they say 'the demographic watching food TV these days does so, not to learn how to cook, but to be entertained'.

    He can feed himself - but he doesn't cook!
    ·
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 4,583
    now I know why he's called a rug rat :P
    canuckland
    ·
  • chocdocchocdoc Posts: 456
    Canugghead wrote:
    now I know why he's called a rug rat :P

    Rug rat would be the kid actually!
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    :laugh: Good one!
    ·
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 4,583
    ooops! lets make that royal rat!
    canuckland
    ·
  • EgginDawgEgginDawg Posts: 747
    I do 95% of the cooking while Vicki opens-up boxes the other 5%- usually when I'm traveling for work. :laugh:
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,776
    I probably do 80-90% of the cooking, but it's more due to schedules. I have flex time at work and tend to get up early, so most days I'm home by 3:30 at the latest. Wife doesn't get home till after 6 depending on what store she has to go to.

    Richardson, Texas

    Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

    The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

     

    ·
  • RVHRVH Posts: 523
    Pre-Egg I had never even fried an egg in a kitchen. I had managed to destroy food on a gas grill, though. Now, people actually ask me to cook for them. My whole world has changed....
    ·
  • Misippi EggerMisippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Snake,

    Even BBQ'd tofu tastes good on the Egg. :ohmy:

    Tried it once - back to good ole meat, for me, though! :laugh:
    ·
  • I've always cooked nearly all of our meals. My wife's mother worked alone in the kitchen, and as such, my wife did not grow up cooking, has basically zero experience, and doesn't have much interest in learning. I think there are two main causes for that: her parents' kitchen is quite small, and simply doesn't have the counter space for more than one person to work, and secondly, her father is from the hotel industry, where everything happens behind the scenes, and guests only see the end result.

    In my family, we congregate in the kitchen, and cook together. Nearly every house we lived in while I grew up was big enough for more than one person to cook, and a couple had island-counters, with stools, so everyone had a spot. We also have a lot more global tastes than my in-laws, since my family lived overseas before I was born. Cooking was a big part of my life growing up. I hope to pass the same passion along to my daughter.
    ·
  • Egg JujuEgg Juju Posts: 658
    While the wife is an excellent cook and pastry chef-- she ran her own catering company as well-- I do the vast majority of cooking at our home. She calls it my culinary therapy. I am in IT and I really enjoy getting away from the fans and lights and geek stuff. Nothing better than preparing a meal and enjoying a relaxing evening.
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
    ·
  • AngelaAngela Posts: 461
    My husband cooked pre egg. We are both cooks, he has his specialties and I have mine. He does more of the outdoor cooking and I do more of the indoor since I bake, can and preserve along with regular meal cooking.
    ·
Sign In or Register to comment.