Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Here's a question for the guys on here

Options
13»

Comments

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Not much difference before or after.I do MOST of the cooking mainly because I enjoy it. :) I do grill/cook a lot more things with the Egg than I did with the WebKet.
  • chocdoc
    chocdoc Posts: 461
    Options
    I recall my hubby made a potato salad once - forgot to drain the potatoes. Not a stellar success. Hasn't tried anything since. But strangely watches cooking shows - I guess it's true what they say 'the demographic watching food TV these days does so, not to learn how to cook, but to be entertained'.

He can feed himself - but he doesn't cook!
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,527
    Options
    now I know why he's called a rug rat :P
    canuckland
  • chocdoc
    chocdoc Posts: 461
    Options
    Canugghead wrote:
    now I know why he's called a rug rat :P

Rug rat would be the kid actually!
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    :laugh: Good one!
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,527
    Options
    ooops! lets make that royal rat!
    canuckland
  • EgginDawg
    EgginDawg Posts: 747
    Options
    I do 95% of the cooking while Vicki opens-up boxes the other 5%- usually when I'm traveling for work. :laugh:
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    I probably do 80-90% of the cooking, but it's more due to schedules. I have flex time at work and tend to get up early, so most days I'm home by 3:30 at the latest. Wife doesn't get home till after 6 depending on what store she has to go to.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• RVH
    RVH Posts: 523
    Options
    Pre-Egg I had never even fried an egg in a kitchen. I had managed to destroy food on a gas grill, though. Now, people actually ask me to cook for them. My whole world has changed....
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Options
    Snake,

Even BBQ'd tofu tastes good on the Egg. :ohmy:

Tried it once - back to good ole meat, for me, though! :laugh:
  • Boilermaker Ben
    Options
    I've always cooked nearly all of our meals. My wife's mother worked alone in the kitchen, and as such, my wife did not grow up cooking, has basically zero experience, and doesn't have much interest in learning. I think there are two main causes for that: her parents' kitchen is quite small, and simply doesn't have the counter space for more than one person to work, and secondly, her father is from the hotel industry, where everything happens behind the scenes, and guests only see the end result.

In my family, we congregate in the kitchen, and cook together. Nearly every house we lived in while I grew up was big enough for more than one person to cook, and a couple had island-counters, with stools, so everyone had a spot. We also have a lot more global tastes than my in-laws, since my family lived overseas before I was born. Cooking was a big part of my life growing up. I hope to pass the same passion along to my daughter.
  • Egg Juju
    Egg Juju Posts: 658
    Options
    While the wife is an excellent cook and pastry chef-- she ran her own catering company as well-- I do the vast majority of cooking at our home. She calls it my culinary therapy. I am in IT and I really enjoy getting away from the fans and lights and geek stuff. Nothing better than preparing a meal and enjoying a relaxing evening.
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
  • Angela
    Angela Posts: 543
    Options
    My husband cooked pre egg. We are both cooks, he has his specialties and I have mine. He does more of the outdoor cooking and I do more of the indoor since I bake, can and preserve along with regular meal cooking.
    Egging on two larges + 36" Blackstone griddle