Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Newbie's First Green Egg Meal

Options
Whataguy
Whataguy Posts: 16
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi All,
Been a lurker for a few days, reading recipes and looking for table plans thinking that someday I would get into the Green Egg thing. I've been a pretty proficient Weber Performer for quite a while and still love my Weber, but to smoke stuff I had an old 9000 pounds cast iron smoker with fire box on small wheels. It worked great but was such a pain to get going and didn't hold the heat very well that it was only used 2-3 times a year. So just by accident, the wife says "Let's go in here (BBQ Galore, Bee Caves) and get one of those floor mats for your Weber". So, after 20 minutes, I bought a Lg Egg, brought it home and put it together. Didn't get through until late so I decided to do a Prime Choice 2" ribeye as my first meal.

Pretty much followed Trex's instructions, got it up to 750, seared'em for 2 min each side, let sit for 20 min, finished off at 400 for 6 min a side. Threw on some sausages during finish off. I can honestly say....YOU GOT ME, BEST DURN STEAK EVER!!!!!. So now I gotta get busy on building a table. At first I thought it would be a little longer so I could disassemble the Weber and install it in the table at one end with Egg on other end. But the more I think about it, I'll probably just sell the Weber.

Here's a pic of how it all turned out. Ribeye done to perfection, a few slices of jalapeno kelbasse sausage, kale sauteed with garlic and roasted brussel sprouts.

And yes, my eyes were bigger than my stomach, no way I could finish that plate of food.

Thanks for all your help!!

IMG_2546.jpg
1 - Lg Green Egg
1 - X Lg Green Egg
1 - Brian Alan table
2 - DigiQ thermometers
Lots of passion and alcohol

Comments