Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Saturday's Bugs and Butt

Frank from HoumaFrank from Houma Posts: 5,755
edited 5:59AM in EggHead Forum
31# sack of crawfish
IMG_5928800x600.jpg

Prep for both
IMG_5938800x600.jpg

Da Butt
IMG_5948800x600.jpg

IMG_5949800x600.jpg

IMG_5951800x600.jpg

Da Bugs
IMG_5952800x600.jpg

Some of the peeps
IMG_5954800x600.jpg

Comments

• Mr HollowayMr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Wow!!!
    Now that is a great looking meal.
    The pile of bugs is killer :)

Shane
  • wkygrillerwkygriller Posts: 408
    Great looking meal Frank. What temp (dome) did you cook the butt at?
  • elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    Booo-yah! Fine looking bugs and butt. Looks like a good time was had by all.. ;)
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Yummy!!!
    I hope you guys enjoyed the day Frank!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,505
    Nice butt Frank :unsure:
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• WWSisWWSis Posts: 1,448
    Oh my! That pile of critters looks delish!
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
    All looks terrific!
  • FluffybFluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Looking oh so good Frank! Your guests look mighty happy.
  • Normally smoke at 240 grate which is around 255 dome on the old style XL. Wanted to make sure I could pull it off and go into the cooler (some say the butt hole) at 3:00 so I started at 275 at 4:00 am and throttled back to 240 just after lunch. Went into the cooler around 3:30.
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Frank I wouldn't mind having some of those bugs around here, they look fantastic
  • LDDLDD Posts: 1,225
    elzbth wrote:
    Booo-yah!

my thoughts exactly!

very nice!
    context is important :)
  • beesbees Posts: 335
    Great pics. I love da bugs but we don't see them very often here in Montgomery AL.Thanks for sharing, Randy
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Sorry Frank but given a choice between your butt or them bugs I'll take the bugs! :laugh: Till Katrena we had several places that you could snag all you eat for $20 or so. Since then two fifty a lb or so. Gal in center of pic sitting daughter? Looks kind of like your wife. Both pretty.....not like you! :laugh: You coming to Oklahoma??! Still haven't heard. :woohoo:
  • ForniaFornia Posts: 451
    Now that's one heck of a feast! Jealous of those 'sacks' from those of us in PA.

Thanks for sharing!
  • Not going to make it this year. The Thursday following the fest we will be heading to Hawaii with the Chickens and some of the Chicken relatives. :)

Of course we are only going because Spring Hen is going. :laugh:
  • Jason,

I haven't used them but my niece had 200# shipped to California from these guys. http://www.lacrawfish.com/

She was completely satisfied. I checked out the website and they say they have their own ponds and ship their own crawfish, with a guarantee of live crawfish, instead going through brokers.

Not cheap but a once a year treat ......
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Doreen and I are bumbed!! :( Was really hopping you would make it. Now I guess the Chickens are a no show as well.
  • deepsouthdeepsouth Posts: 1,788
    how much are live bugs running over that way?

your meal looks awesome. i'm jealous.
  • They were 2.99/#. Trucked in from Louisiana.