Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

my first spare ribs.

deepsouthdeepsouth Posts: 1,788
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
i did my very first spare ribs today on the egg. they turned out very good. most moist ribs i've ever cooked.... spritzed them with apple juice, apple cider vinegar and cigar city jai lai oaked ipa.... seasoned one rack with simply marvelous season all cherry and the other half with season all and cherry. sauced with blues hog the last 45 minutes or so.....

b82abfbb.jpg

6d745456.jpg

d88c76bc.jpg

b80ae7b9.jpg

0821aaf4.jpg

3af9e92e.jpg

40a569c2.jpg

aa002b0d.jpg

thanks for looking!
·

Comments

• ForniaFornia Posts: 451
    You nailed them!!! Awesome lookin photos!

I need to do up some spares next weekend. They look too good. Thanks for sharing.
    ·
  • FluffybFluffyb Posts: 1,815
    My heaven's those look good! I have a slab ready to go on, hope they come out as well.
    ·
  • smbishopsmbishop Posts: 1,039
    Great pics, thanks for sharing!
    Large, Small, and a LOT of Eggcessories!  Southlake, TX
    ·
  • fiver29fiver29 Posts: 423
    Pics look awesome!

I hope you found something productive to that with oaked jai alai. That's a damn fine brew! ;)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Strongsville, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
    [I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

·
  • dhuffjrdhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Looks nice. I like the half sauced half not. Gives a good naked and covered look.
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,077
    Jason,

Your first spares? You have done babybacks this far? They look great anyway.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • deepsouthdeepsouth Posts: 1,788
    Little Steven wrote:
    Jason,

Your first spares? You have done babybacks this far? They look great anyway.

Steve
    Yessir, only bb's to this point.
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,305
    Those look perfect!!
    Any sides? :whistle: :laugh: ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    ·
  • Nice racks!
    ·
  • deepsouthdeepsouth Posts: 1,788
    fiver29 wrote:
    Pics look awesome!

I hope you found something productive to that with oaked jai alai. That's a damn fine brew! ;)

i woke up and there was about four onces in the refrigerator from a bottle last night and i couldn't drain pour it!
    ·