Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Close! But Not Exactly - Spatchcocked Chicken

Options
NibbleMeThis
NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Alexis brought something home from the grocery store this week, one of which was this new (I think) item from Philadelphia Cream Cheese

DSC_0247resized-1.jpg

I thought it would make a good slather for a spatched bird. So I did one bird my usual way and slather another one with the creme spread under and over the skin, then salt and pepper. Cooked them both indirect at 350f on a raised grid for an hour-ish.

DSC_0260resized-1.jpg

Near the end, they were both looking good so I thought I'd hit the cream cheese one with another brush of that stuff.

DSC_0263resized-1.jpg

The usual one came out like this...

DSC_0264resized.jpg

The cream cheese one...ummm....butt ugly!

DSC_0265resized-1.jpg

So I took the normal one and served it with some grilled zucchini using Albukirky Rub (fellow Egger) & Mexican rice.

DSC_0275resized.jpg

Don't worry, the cream cheese one didn't go to waste. I tossed the skin and shredded the meat because it was fine. I used it the next night in these enchiladas which were equally great.

2159808resizedDesktopResolution.jpg

But lesson learned. It was worth a try though!
Knoxville, TN
Nibble Me This

Comments