Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

New Guy

Thrux07Thrux07 Posts: 7
edited 10:41PM in EggHead Forum
Hi Everyone,

Long time lurker from Toronto chiming in. I've had my large for a year now and look forward to trying many of the dishes, especially side dishes, that a lot of you have been posting.

Cheers

Thrux

Comments

• CrimsongatorCrimsongator Posts: 5,791
    Glad to see you getting a handle and jumping it here.
  • Welcome to the club (or cult). The folks on this forum are the best friends to have. Such a vast collection of knowledge and experience. I have a large that I have had for about 4 years. I bought it when the wife was out of town on business. Boy was she surpised!! She wasn't sure about it when I first got it but now she love it. I also just got me a mini and we both love that one also.
    Good luck.
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,740
    Thrux,

Are you in the city or burbs?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Thrux07Thrux07 Posts: 7
    I'm in a nice pocket in Scarborough actually. Yeah Rick, I had trouble getting my wife to agree to the cost of the egg but once she ate some steaks from the first cook she was hooked. Funny how that happens eh?
  • Thrux07

Welcome to the group. It is always great to have a fellow Canadian join the crew. I am in Ottawa and have two larges with first one dating back almost three years.

Tom

Tom

Charles is a mischevious feline who always has something cooking

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital

Are there many of us Charles? I see a ton of threads from the States but not that many from the Great White North. I guess that'll change when the weather gets warmer.
  • Great White North. Boy, that brings back memories of the SECTV show with Bob and Dough McKnezie by that name.
    Thanks!
    There are a few of us on here but we don't talk about it much cause "they" will know ;)

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Actually, there are quite a few. If you go to a fest -- either the one in TO or Nieggrafest -- you will get a chance to meet some of the more ardent canuck eggheads.

Tom

Tom

Charles is a mischevious feline who always has something cooking

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital

• elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    Welcome to the greatest forum in the world! Look forward to seeing posts & pics!!! :)
  • fire eggerfire egger Posts: 1,124
    Welcome Thrux, congrats on your egg and glad your posting< this is a great group!
    When I bought mine, my wife said " your going to spend how much on what?" now when I cook inside, she sways "can't you cook that on the egg?"
  • WELCOME - Post some pics, I need tap your creativity!!
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,600
    Welcome to the Magical Kingdom. :) :laugh:
    Thanks for the salutations everyone. I'll see what I can do with the pics when I get a chance.

Later
    T
  • deepsouthdeepsouth Posts: 1,796
    welcome to the forum.
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 5,856
    Thrux, welcome to the cult. Tom is right, there are several forum members in TO and suburbs, I'm in Vaughan. Few of us already signed up to cook at the Dickson Toronto fest June 11 ...
    http://www.biggreeneggtoronto.com/
    Gary
    canuckland
    'Nice pocket' of Scarborough ... ummm, probably in the golf club vicinity? Can't be Malvern or Asiancourt :P
    canuckland
  • LDDLDD Posts: 1,225
    welcome to the forum.. looking forward to some pics
    context is important :)
    Asiancourt? Never heard that one. :laugh:

Steve 

Caledon, ON

nickname for Agincourt ... btw, I can't say what the nickname for Brampton/Bramalea is B)
    canuckland