Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Steak, it\'s what\'s for Breakfast

Florida Grillin GirlFlorida Grillin Girl Posts: 4,371
edited 8:46AM in EggHead Forum
I egged some 8 oz. filets the other night, coated them with RichardFL's Kona rub. Cooked them to 125 internal.

P3054191.jpg

I had one leftover, so that was breakfast today! My friend grows chickens in her backyard, so I get totally fresh eggs from her. Aren't I healthy for having grapefruit too~

P3114201.jpg

This is the best!

P3114202.jpg

Not bad for a Friday morning. Gearing up for the weekend!

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,504
    Your house in 10 mins.... :woohoo:
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• Niiiiiiice!!!!

Doug
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    There is only one way to inprove that.Squeeze the grapefruit into a saltrimmed glass and add a splash of vodka!!! :woohoo: Looks GREAT Miss Faith. :)
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Ooooooh nice looking breakfast you have there faith.

Kent
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 8,669
    what, no wine??! :whistle:

Everybody knows there’s three acceptable condiments for a hot dog; there’s mustard, onions and stagnant cart water! That’s IT!   ... Jon Stewart

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    You're after my heart! Beautiful!

Mike
  • RedBagRedBag Posts: 72
    How did you heat up the steak and still keep it rare? When I reheat steak to go with eggs it always ends up well done once reheated. That really looks good.
  • Michael, it's a tad early for the wine!
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    Hey, I could eat that !!!!! Aren't fresh eggs so much better?

drool5.gif

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Faith....What???? No sunset???? :(
  • Redbag, I took it out of the fridge about an hour ahead, and let it sit out. I sliced it before I cooked the egg. Basically, the steak was room temp, and I didn't reheat it. There's the secret to it staying nice and pink.
  • Beli, that's later tonight, silly!
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Great breakfast anytime Faith nice touch with the grapefruit. I love my eggs over easy my Grandpa used to say it puts lead in you pencil and hair on your chest. :laugh:

Have a great weekend. ;)
  • CrimsongatorCrimsongator Posts: 5,766
    Now that is steak and eggs worth getting into!
  • smoky bsmoky b Posts: 648
    beautiful!
  • Tim, I love over easy eggs, actually I call it over lightly. That "puts hair on your chest" is such an old saying, I wonder where that came from.
  • LDDLDD Posts: 1,225
    two words.

Yum My!
    context is important :)
  • Gator Bait Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

Your slaying me with your perfect breakfast! WOW!

That looks truly perfect!

Drool city! I had to give up the grapefruit and all other citrus when I found out I was diabetic. Just my luck to move to Florida and not be able to eat the fruit!!! I would have citrus trees taking up my whole yard if I could eat them. BAAAAA HUMBUG! :P

Blair

• RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    Perfection, Faith! ;)
  • Beautiful breakfast of champions.
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Oh my goodness! That is a beautiful site, althought I like beef a little more done. Steak-n-Eggs is one of my favorites. A couple nice home made biscuits for sopping....Yummo!
  • snake701uksnake701uk Posts: 187
    That is the way to start the day! My compliments. Andy
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Ha. I don't know for sure. I guess things were said to get you to do something they wanted you to do. :)
  • elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    My husband would consider this meal a feast (he loves runny eggs).... ;) Not an egg eater myself, but have to say, it looks good. :ohmy:
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Oh yea!! Just how I like my eggs!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Rolling EggRolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Oh my goodness :ohmy: I'm cooking some filets for dinner tonight, and now you have me wanting to eat eggs with it. Very nice! I'm drooling.
  • Sorry, Blair. That would stink not being able to eat citrus and live in FL!

Oops, replied in the wrong spot!
  • Judy MayberryJudy Mayberry Posts: 1,622
    Faith, that is the ideal breakfast. You know, the citrus from the grapefruit sounds just right to balance the richness of the eggs and steak. And what perfect steak...I love having leftover rare steak for salad or something like you just did.
    Judy in San Diego
  • Bulldog MomBulldog Mom Posts: 242
    Salivating. Looks amazing. I may have to serve that up this weekend. Thanks for sharing!
  • Susan EgglaineSusan Egglaine Posts: 2,430
    WOW! What ya planning for Sunday morning? :)