Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Royal Oak sold??

Comments

• RRPRRP Posts: 14,717
    in just looking at that site it says: summer shade charcoal production plant of Royal Oak Enterprises. It doesn't sound like Royal oak itself was sold, but perhaps just one location and as I recall they have several plants!
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    yeah...
    they shuttered a plant a while back. sounds to me, like you, that they sold an asset, not the business
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
    ·
  • BBQMavenBBQMaven Posts: 1,041
    Kent Madison MS
    ·
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Hopefully Kingford will produce some lump rather fuel with a lot of fillers.

I also wonder if this will cut production for the private label lump such as BGE, Kroger and others.

·
  • The Naked WhizThe Naked Whiz Posts: 7,780
    Kingsford did not buy out Royal Oak. Back in '99 Royal Oak sold a single production plant to Kingsford. Royal Oak still goes on. Per the Royal Oak website, they are a family-owned business.
    The Naked Whiz
    ·
  • SmokinJSmokinJ Posts: 220
    I was told from another lump source that royal oak was buying out some other lump companies.
    ·
  • smoky bsmoky b Posts: 648
    they might be able to claim "family owned" status even if the fam only retained a minority interest.
    ·
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    they sold property, not the business.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
    ·