Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Post Your Table and Specs

Options
Smoking Coles
Smoking Coles Posts: 230
edited November -1 in EGG Table Forum
Hi All, I see a lot of post from the new guys about table questions on type of wood, finish, design ect. Thought it might be a cool idea to start a post where the new guys could see tables that the forum members have built along with the specifications, things they like or things they would do different in one place. I know Whiz's site is a great reference for the new guys, but there are no specs (on custom tables)or ways to get in touch with the people who built them. Might be fun, or you guys may think it's terrible idea. I guess we'll find out.

Two Meduim Eggs. I built my table with a pressure treated frame of 2X4's and 4X4's, pine on the exterior, stained with Australian Timber Oil (Mahogany Flame color) and sealed with 3 coats of Spar Urathane. Favorite things about the table are the drawer and cabinet storage and ash pan cubby holes. Problems are that the table is extremely heavy and I have yet to install the essential bottle opener. The table is about 2 years old and has held up extremely well, but I always keep it covered. Thanks for looking.

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg

Comments

• wkygriller
    wkygriller Posts: 408
    Options
    Totally unbelievable.... Just got done ordering the casters for this same table I saw on Naked Whiz's site. My cabinet maker is going to start on it next week (I suck at wood working). The only change I made was to use cedar and a large/small combo instead of 2 mediums. Should be done in a couple of weeks. Thanks for sharing!!!!
  • Smoking Coles
    Options
    Yeah, I guess that's the other thing I would have done different, using cedar or another type of wood that is more "outdoor" friendly. Money was the issue when I built this, but I should have went ahead with a better quality wood. That being said, with the stain and and urathane, it's held up nicely. Hope you enjoy your new table when you get it.
  • wkygriller
    wkygriller Posts: 408
    Options
    We are using cedar since I have quite a bit left over from when we built our house 4 years ago. Prior to building we did a select cut on our farm. Had it dried and milled so my end cost is less than $.50 a board foot. The cabinet maker is very good and affordable, just very slow :( . Looks like my table is going to be 26"x73". I have the plans in a pdf if anyone is interested. I will post pics once he finishes. Thanks for sharing your pics.
  • cyclone8
    Options
    I would love to have a copy of your plans. Please post! Thanks!
  • Gordo13
    Options
    Me TOO,,,,I would love to have a copy of your plans. Please post! Thanks!